Motorsport Diesel Dual vs Modded Single CP3s

I thought ATS brackets were the ones that broke cause they made them out of pot metal. That's what I remember anyway from when I was looking for twin kits. I don't think they are any more but...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I thought ATS brackets were the ones that broke cause they made them out of pot metal. That's what I remember anyway from when I was looking for twin kits. I don't think they are any more but...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Could very well be I'm confused lol.. For me personally I will go with ats. Ppe/industrial/bd have just had a few to many issues over the years from what I've gathered. I'm also not saying ats is where it's at either but seems to be a little more reliable. I would love to have Shane's kit but hell, ya can't get in touch with the guy and he doesn't have parts.

Ive got the 10.6mm pump from Shane. With 80% overs I have zero issues maintaining rail pressure. I like the cleaner look of a single. Less moving parts and can still get a belt at local auto parts store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

My buddy has the same pump and runs 100% overs and it holds fine as well. Getting the pump from Shane now days seems to be the dilemma. It's arguabley the best worked over pump on the market.

Ive got the 10.6mm pump from Shane. With 80% overs I have zero issues maintaining rail pressure. I like the cleaner look of a single. Less moving parts and can still get a belt at local auto parts store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I picked up a belt for my ats kit at the parts store, just have to know what you need.

Shane does great work but anything over 150hp sticks is twin territory.
Thats completely untrue. I have a 10.6mm pump and with my rail psi turned down my actual would exceed demanded by 2k+ psi. That was with 75% overs so I'm going to 100% overs now. Shane makes a more than the 10mm and 10.6 he's got 11 and 12mm pumps possibly larger I never asked. Either way I'm rocking the 10.6 untill I find its limits.

Thats completely untrue. I have a 10.6mm pump and with my rail psi turned down my actual would exceed demanded by 2k+ psi. That was with 75% over
turn your rail pressure up to 26.1k and compare your pumps recovery time with a similar truck that runs duals. That is where dual pumps shine with larger nozzles. It will likely be a few seconds slower. If not then I say you can be making more power with better tuning if your driveline and charger will support it. You cannot watch the autocal to determine this accurately, you must load the log to scan tool and review the Graf log. Don't get me wrong, his pumps are top notch. All singles I have tuned lack recovery compared to properly tuned duals.

Last edited:
turn your rail pressure up to 26.1k and compare your pumps recovery time with a similar truck that runs duals. That is where dual pumps shine with larger nozzles. It will likely be a few seconds slower. If not then I say you can be making more power with better tuning if your driveline and charger will support it. You cannot watch the autocal to determine this accurately, you must load the log to scan tool and review the Graf log. Don't get me wrong, his pumps are top notch. All singles I have tuned lack recovery compared to properly tuned duals.

how often do you really need to see 26k on the rail? for the track, sure. but on the street not so much :poke:

i agree that the duals are going to have a recovery time that is unbeatable compared to the 10.6 we are discussing, but for the "majority" a 10.6 would probably suffice. hell a 10.6 would suffice for me im sure but im going duals!! lol just playing devils advocate i guess.... bif:Cheer:

Instant and correct rail response/pressure does wonders for a cleaner running truck on the street.

Instant and correct rail response/pressure does wonders for a cleaner running truck on the street.

ive seen data log graphs of commanded vs. actual and the 10.6 was over shooting commanded. this was with 100% overs and a race tune on an 06 with efi live.

When I build my 6.7 im going to throw a stock pump over my 10.6 with shanes dual pump kit.

My truck has 100 % overs, efi live tuned and Shane's pump will support more injector according to my tuner. I am not trying to hit 4 digit numbers but it supports 850 hp no problem, and I have more than 60k miles to prove it. So why do I need twins?

Texting Shane is the best method for contact.

Last edited:
My truck has 100 % overs, efi live tuned and Shane's pump will support more injector according to my tuner. I am not trying to hit 4 digit numbers but it supports 850 hp no problem, and I have more than 60k miles to prove it. So why do I need twins?

Texting, the new professionalism. LOL

So why do I need twins?
You dont need twins Dan but they have their benefits, as do singles. I am an EFILive tuner and it's all about pressure recovery during shifts or when you stab the throttle. The twins will recover from that sudden pressure drop at a much quicker rate than the single. Also they are more consistent with maintaining desired pressure without ovetshooting/undershooting. Seems singles are always correcting themselves. Probably mostly due to modified FCA's. They both have their benefits. Personally duals are cheaper and support more power so the only reason I see to run a single is to UN clutter the engine bay or due to organization rules.

Last edited:

It was....I've been tryin, more than once, to ask Shane about his dual kit with no reply, and I don't want to be a pain in his ass either lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

It was....I've been tryin, more than once, to ask Shane about his dual kit with no reply, and I don't want to be a pain in his ass either lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

That's about the only chance you'll have in getting him to respond. Pretty sure he could care less about the business anymore, just watching from afar.

That's about the only chance you'll have in getting him to respond. Pretty sure he could care less about the business anymore, just watching from afar.

Thats a shame then.....
There are some of Us who have been trying to reach him for months by the methods he quotes on his voicemail with NO return responses.I know I want one of his big pumps for my truck so I can put my twins on my gals 6.7.Guess I better rethink my options then and find another route to do what I want to do........Andy

Same thing happened with John at floor it diesel. Now I have a pump that needs repair and he is mia.