My current project...finally

Talked to Haisley's yesterday morning, they said the block and head are at the machine shop but they just don't know how far along it is.

It better be by then! At least! I wish it only took a month like they said but, we both know how that goes.

Had some good progress finally today. Got all the new tranny lines routed and hooked up.

Used double braided 3500 psi hydraulic hose. A little overkill I know but it was cheaper than the regular hose (don't know why and didn't argue).
uploadfromtaptalk1361665084123.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361665118415.jpg

Also got a good deal on a DHD that appears to be in good shape and got the suspension stops done.
uploadfromtaptalk1361665296797.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361665321814.jpg

If you look through Dans posts, I'm sure there is a couple pages worth of me saying how bad I want it.

Started on a weight rack the other day and this is what I have so far.

2"x3"x1/8" angle
IMAG0123_zps25be227f.jpg

IMAG0121_zps0840f1bb.jpg

IMAG0120_zps180aa603.jpg

1" spacer
IMAG0131_zpsbca08acf.jpg

IMAG0133_zps80c74a02.jpg

IMAG0132_zpsf2dc4ad9.jpg

Finished welding them at work
IMAG0135_zps207c0411.jpg

IMAG0136_zps29b984b9.jpg

IMAG0138_zpsa8b70d4a.jpg

[ame="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Nick_Strack/library/Weight%20rack%20build?page=1"]Weight Rack Build Photos by Nick_Strack | Photobucket[/ame]

For the failed pictures in the above post.

Update

Just got off the phone with Haisleys, shatty but expected news, all the parts are in but were looking at the end of May/early June for the motor to be back. At least that gives me enough time to get all my other little projects done on the truck. :banghead:

Just got off the phone with Haisleys, shatty but expected news, all the parts are in but were looking at the end of May/early June for the motor to be back. At least that gives me enough time to get all my other little projects done on the truck. :banghead:

I understand that's a busy shop and have a lot on their plate themselves. However did they give you a time frame when you dropped it off?

I understand that's a busy shop and have a lot on their plate themselves. However did they give you a time frame when you dropped it off?

They did actually "...about a month or two." Then they kept pushing it back farther and farther so they can get all the pullers ready for the season. Very understandable. I know i just a little guy and I dont want to be that guy that holds up the progress on more important things.

Back