my latest motor build with pictures..

i have tuned and played with the afc, pulled so much fuel out that it will only make 10psi total boost, still smokes... sorry bud this is not an easy fix to tune it right.. watch that video again.. remember i have run with the valet on almost the entire time.. the way it is now it makes 35psi total floored.. still smokes..
i dont blame anyone for trying to make a big flow competition head.. but in order to get the big flow numbers it was at the cost of low velocity and a conventional port design that has almost no swirl.. sorry guys but thats why i think this thing is a smokey pig.. ok to be fair the whole combo isnt helping with the big fly cuts and thick gasket and big bowls.. thats why this is a dipchit high school kids, or panty droppas dream smoke truck.. not mine..

The afc is intended to reduce smoke on these pumps. You tell me how that is not possible to tune the smoke out. There is boost and excess smoke. To me that sounds like the afc is not limiting correctly?
i know there is a trade off but he wants less smoke so its something to try.
Even if its the exact set up(air) as before, the small things could be changing how it works smoke free
You can't tune all the smoke out. Some yes, what adam wants no. Like said if you tune it too much it will be slow and not spool.

im not sure yet... i keep hopeing you guys could help me tune this thing right..
no for real zach has another design coming out soon and has offered to let me try it.. thats one option..
the other is my buddy has a low mileage 215 motor.. i might stud and cam it and and put that motor in the ford.. he also has a truck that is a pulling truck that has a hurt motor so i can put this motor in that and have a real pulling truck combo.. we will see how it all plays out..

im sure that smaller injectors would make it a bit better, at the cost of power.. but again the way it is right now i have to change the setup for the street and for power when i can use it.. so i might get some 215 injectors to run on the street

thats called atomization.. smaller holes makes a finer mist and smaller droplets.. burns more completely ie less smoke..

Well goodluck to you. Hope you get it figured out.

Last edited:
Leave it alone and drive it for a while. Sounds like you have more plans but I'm sure your tired of working on that SOB.

I remember your carnage thread about your old truck. Shame that truck got wrecked, it was damn nice.

thats called atomization.. smaller holes makes a finer mist and smaller droplets.. burns more completely ie less smoke..

ya atomization, or you could look at as similar to knoberman's avatar if you dare:hehe: your head seems to be flowing a lot of fuel out beforer it can burn

Last edited:
i have tuned and played with the afc, pulled so much fuel out that it will only make 10psi total boost, still smokes... sorry bud this is not an easy fix to tune it right.. watch that video again.. remember i have run with the valet on almost the entire time.. the way it is now it makes 35psi total floored.. still smokes..
i dont blame anyone for trying to make a big flow competition head.. but in order to get the big flow numbers it was at the cost of low velocity and a conventional port design that has almost no swirl.. sorry guys but thats why i think this thing is a smokey pig.. ok to be fair the whole combo isnt helping with the big fly cuts and thick gasket and big bowls.. thats why this is a dipchit high school kids, or panty droppas dream smoke truck.. not mine..
As been said before I don't have the big bowls or flys and mine is the same way. I need to take video of mine before I do the gasket so you can see how bad mine smokes. Honestly might be worst than yours. But again only mods to my truck at the time of rebuild was the head and hami 188/210 cam, same injectors, same pros pistons and the block was decked. I have to say though at the time I did the 20 over gasket cuz I thought it would give me a little more play room with the bigger cam, just playing it safe. However when cam was put in I had to use hami key way not the stock one. They key way basically retards the cam to give more clearance. Hence I don't really have a 188/210 cam then. Knowing this I wouldn't have even bought it. To be honest Im about to take Zac up on his offer to come fix it. Any why did they start redesigning the heads??? If they run fine as how many people are using them with no issues??? And if it is a better design how about you throw one my way too Zac?
I'm so discussed that I'm not even driving the truck at all. I had a ground plate in the truck from 1st day I bought truck. I turned the afc all the way back. Made 0 difference, I even broke down and bought a 10 plate and put in the truck. And put a longer stiffer spring in. I can tell fuel doesn't come in as hard as it did before however it still smokes the same.
As Adam said before if it is a compression issue wouldnt the smoke clear after 20psi? if not 20 how about 30? No on 30, what about 52psi?? Thats what I can hit at half throttle. and have yet to give it anymore.

im sure if you get down to the melecular level it does burn "quicker" because the droplets are smaller and also burn more completely..