my latest motor build with pictures..

thank you guys.. im going to try some 131's next just to see if that helps the daily driving smoke..
i might just have to do some tuning for the weekends, or leave it parked most of the time..

a picture of my new shiney 62 cover..
photobucket-5091-1337580700305.jpg

you know, for people always saying those twin rams are junk, there sure are alot of them on trucks making good power.

you know, for people always saying those twin rams are junk, there sure are alot of them on trucks making good power.

just seems like it'd be hard to get to the afc, that's just speculation though. I haven't worked on a truck with one, but i do know my 140$ air horn sure makes it nice to get to the afc.

well as much as i disliked the whole banks thing i traded some work for this a long time ago and when i installed it on my dd with around 500 hp that was all i changed. i instantly fealt a difference.. so long story short it doesnt hurt to feed the back cylinders more directly..
and yes getting to the afc is not fun but doable with some patience.. of which this truck has been nothing but a money pit and a test of my patience from the day my old truck got wrecked 2 and a half years ago... i hope it lives for a while.. i am even having a hard time convincing myself to drive it now..
but on another note and having been thinking for a bit about it now im thinking of going to play with the dyno, so in the past changing my timing from 26 to 32 gained about 40hp, also ive gained about 20hp with 191's, and ive gained some power by increasing my bost by about 20 or more hp with say 10psi boost.. all im saying with some more time other than the two dyno pulls i did the other day im sure i can get over 800 pretty easy with kevins tuned 913 pump.. so thanks again kevin..

it looks great and works just as good T$.. thank you again.. you did everything you said and its been a preaseure working with you for parts and pieces..

Mid 800's wouldn't be bad at all for a 12mm pump, and I'm confident you could get there with tuning and some more cc's via comp DVs.

However I'm interested how the smoke will play out...

ya at this point the smoke will be something i think im going to have to live with.. i did pick up some 131's to try also.. maybe even less fuel from them will do what it needs to burn it on the street.. also im thinking of going back to regualar ddp4s instead of these 4+'s i have now.. just sucks i am pretty sure im going to be stuck going from a dd tune to a competative weekend tune by changing parts around to do so.. i guess i wont be able to have my cake and eat it too right..

ya at this point the smoke will be something i think im going to have to live with.. i did pick up some 131's to try also.. maybe even less fuel from them will do what it needs to burn it on the street.. also im thinking of going back to regualar ddp4s instead of these 4+'s i have now.. just sucks i am pretty sure im going to be stuck going from a dd tune to a competative weekend tune by changing parts around to do so.. i guess i wont be able to have my cake and eat it too right..
Id like to see you try a he351 on top, bet that'd help with smoke a lot.

it will be the way you want it soon just a little bit more time and you will get it done your close but thats when it bugs ya the most but feels the best when you get through it

whats the off chance that the air to water could be causing some of the issue?

i would guess that to be pretty slim chance of anything it could be doing to cause it to smoke.. its not to cold because it has its own radiator/fan/pump behind the grill.. so its just ambient temp plus whatever to cool it down.. takes around 30psi total boost to see 5 between stages so its not getting heat soaked..

here is a video that shows taking off normal to 5 psi, then up to 20 at the end.. if you cant tell what i dont like.. i dont know what to say..
maybe just remember this is the best it has been maybe half what it started like..
181's and 62mm now..
[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/fummins/?action=view&current=photobucket-18619-1337921881706.mp4"]fummins :: 2012-05-24_18-54-56_480 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]

I kick my self still for doing low comp. I would really like to pull my motor and cut the deck so the pistons are stock protrusion and raise the comp ratio. Looks good adam

i would guess that to be pretty slim chance of anything it could be doing to cause it to smoke.. its not to cold because it has its own radiator/fan/pump behind the grill.. so its just ambient temp plus whatever to cool it down.. takes around 30psi total boost to see 5 between stages so its not getting heat soaked..

is that about the same ratio you had before the build. 30psi and 5 psi? Have you played with the afc and a really tight spring. Seems like the only thing that could smoke would be the afc set up from for boost to fuel.