my latest motor build with pictures..

a couple of more bad videos after i got it back on the road tonight.. being that its almost to dark you cant tell how much it is really smoking..
[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/fummins/?action=view&current=photobucket-27250-1337318734306.mp4"]fummins :: 2012-05-17_20-23-07_24 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/fummins/?action=view&current=photobucket-1800-1337318734307.mp4"]fummins :: 2012-05-17_20-23-46_702 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]

being that its almost to dark you cant tell how much it is really smoking..

Also remember before you say it doesn't look bad. It doesn't puff and then clear up. It starts and stays stead as he is pulling out. And its not like he is hammering on it. He is pulling out easy.

I talked to Adam and it wasn't as high as I heard. Sorry.

You thinking of putting a stock head gasket in it to see what happens?

Did you miss the part where he had piston to valve contact with a standard gasket? None of us want to see his motor die, so chances are we wont get to "see what happens"

Possibility that it'd work. Just have to take some measurements.

well had a descent dyno pull, plate half way forward netted 510, plate and afc all the way made 760.. made exactly the same boost as previously set. 80psi... flashed to 85 but settled back down to 80, made 30 between the stages and at the upper mph limit i set to the dyno when it loaded against it made 35... this is with the 181's also and 26 degrees of timing.. i would have pulled really well im fairly confident if the cam retainer bolts hadn't prolly been left loose and started making a racket on the back side of the cam gear sat am on a test run.. at half throttle it was spinning in 4th gear.. runs better than any truck ive ever driven.. just dont look in the mirror because it smokes....
with the afc adjusted it makes 35 psi in valet mode also..
so today i put the 62(thanks T$) in and its better.. maybe to the point of being almost accetable..
sorry the vids dont really show how it is, i will get something with complete sun so you can see..
also im very confident that i can easily break into the 800's if i throw some more timing and the 191's and maybe a bit more boost.. i expect to see a bit more boost when i get my gates and turbos the way i want them but i can say Kevin is the man i will be using from here on out for any pump work that goes through me..

Last edited: