NADM Opener 2/23 n Bakersfield, Ca. Who's going?

Y'all are all in a hurry...I haven't even packed yet. LOL
I'll see y'all tomorrow afternoon though.

Hats off to the green team for making a long haul. Let's all pray for sunshine .

Is Fletcher on his way? :pop:

Might be no rain but 10-20mph wind gusts and it's kinda windy right now.

Last edited:
You must not be familiar with this area. The wind here is like the rain......never. Ok only when we have Diesel drags which we have umm......never!

You must not be familiar with this area. The wind here is like the rain......never. Ok only when we have Diesel drags which we have umm......never!

well....i live close to hollister...and ive been to bakersfield probably 15 times.....

and 13 of those times it was windy as hell!!!:hehe:

Ever been here in the summer? Hot as hell. They don't call it Bakersfield because somebody's making a cake.

Ever been here in the summer? Hot as hell.

thats what i hear.....

i try to stay away from the heat!!! It kicks my ass!!! i can deal with 30 below 0 (born and raised in montana) but the heat kills me!!

I work in hollister but live in prunedale....its crazy....i can leave work when its 110....and get home 20 minutes later and its 60 at my house (im only 5 air miles from the monterey bay)

From the sounds of everyone flying in we need to have rental car races:evil:badidea:

:rockwoot: The time to beat is 16.67 in a Budget Rental 2007 Chevy Impalla layed down in Houston this past year . . . motor only, no spray. :hehe::hehe::evil

:rockwoot: The time to beat is 16.67 in a Budget Rental 2007 Chevy Impalla layed down in Houston this past year . . . motor only, no spray. :hehe::hehe::evil

yea yea yea... and what was the light you cut in that thing? a .500 blah blah blah lol we had to hear about this for WEEKS after the race. Poor Impalla.... even after you got back to the pits and we opened the truck to get our beer outta the cooler, there was still white smoke oozing out of there from your friggin burn out lol. :doh:

Ang, I see you and greenie made it back OK. What all did you have done?

We DID make it back. In HALF the time it took us to get up there. AHAHAHAHAHAHA! :evil Now Howard.... c'mon. :rules: We all know asking a girl something like that is like asking her weight. :umno::badidea: Secret squirrel stuff! :shake: :snoop: lol

Gene! My kitchen smells GOOOOOOD!!!! lol

But do they taste as good as they smell ??

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Just finished the truck tonight , no test time but who cares it's

DRAG RACE TIME

yea yea yea... and what was the light you cut in that thing? a .500 blah blah blah lol we had to hear about this for WEEKS after the race. Poor Impalla.... even after you got back to the pits and we opened the truck to get our beer outta the cooler, there was still white smoke oozing out of there from your friggin burn out lol. :doh:

It was a .507 light and was the beer not still cold??? :hehe::rockwoot: And I smoked that Honda Accord!!! Oh woops . . . :wrong: Sorry . . . :shake:

Last edited:
As far as rental car races - Damn, I thought I was the most notorious rental car (and truck) racer? And this time I'll have my own truck! The poor thing has between Seattle (NHRDA race past weekend) and Anaheim (taking the kid & camper to Disneyland) over the course of a couple of days. I'm typing this from an RV Park adjacent to Disneyland, to the sound of heavy downpour. Trying to decide whether to drink more beer (to help me sleep through the sound of the rain), or save it for tomorrow night at the track ;) Also need the beer to kill the pain in my feet after traversing D-land a few times today, some of the time carrying my kid when she was too tuckered out. Hopefully the clouds will be all out of moisture after dumping it all on us today!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It was a .507 light and was the beer not still cold??? :hehe::rockwoot:

Is that on a system with 0.500 as a perfect light? If so, I've still got it beat in rental/borrowed cars! I think I had a 0.003 in the U-haul, a 0.004 in the TS Performance Jeep Liberty, and a 0.000 in a borrowed Honda Prelude a few months ago ;)

Is that on a system with 0.500 as a perfect light? If so, I've still got it beat in rental/borrowed cars! I think I had a 0.003 in the U-haul, a 0.004 in the TS Performance Jeep Liberty, and a 0.000 in a borrowed Honda Prelude a few months ago ;)

LOL check you out! 3 different races and cars and trucks lol that's too funny!

But do they taste as good as they smell ??

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Just finished the truck tonight , no test time but who cares it's

DRAG RACE TIME

Oh yeah... unfortunately lol. I ate 3. And I shoulda ate ZERO!

Dang! I concede . . . My light sucks. :bow::bow:

Yes, .500 perfect light on a sportsman tree.