NADM Opener 2/23 n Bakersfield, Ca. Who's going?

Leaving the house at 6:04 am where it is a balmy 2 (TWO) degrees..... California here I come......

Very nice lunar eclipse last night.

yah, i think i'll camp out there. We are planning on leaving Riverdale between 12-2, which translated in Riverdale time meens 3.30. Still wrenching to get the 2wd on the road, had a hard time getting parts in time. Not much grass at Famoso to do brodees in so i think we are safe. I think we'll have better luck not getting arrested at Famoso than Bakerfield. CA cops are a little more strict than Indiana cops. See a little smoke, and half of Bakerfield FD will be out there hosing us down. Need to find an industrial park like the one they used for Indy.

yah, i think i'll camp out there. We are planning on leaving Riverdale between 12-2, which translated in Riverdale time meens 3.30. Still wrenching to get the 2wd on the road, had a hard time getting parts in time. Not much grass at Famoso to do brodees in so i think we are safe. I think we'll have better luck not getting arrested at Famoso than Bakerfield. CA cops are a little more strict than Indiana cops. See a little smoke, and half of Bakerfield FD will be out there hosing us down. Need to find an industrial park like the one they used for Indy.

No, there is no lawn. They do not play much football there. It has a huge asphault pit area that has small rocks kicked up in areas.

The point was, there can be a participant with such a low IQ that they think destroying private property is their God-given right.

Honest. You'd think they would forget to breath while attempting to tie their shoes, then keel over dead, but somehow they not only survive, but thrive.

You are never safe from stupidity. It's part of being human.

24 hours til departure and this girls finally on her way to find a truck to bring. :D

3.30pm Friday correct? I'll bring my little camp trailer for the festivities
cool-smiley-018.gif

In Redding now :D Got the keys in my hand. Heading home soon! But it's NASTY weather up here. I have faith for the central valley weather on Saturday! YAY!!

Great they are calling for the biggest storm we have had starting at 7 tonite. If they delay my plane there will be some hostility at the airport.

Great they are calling for the biggest storm we have had starting at 7 tonite. If they delay my plane there will be some hostility at the airport.

Chuck, don't get too hostile..... I cant bear the thought of explaining to friends and family that I know the Al-Queda from Ohio LOL

Leave in 15 minutes for the drive to Houston (airport). Meeting up with Elmo over there for the flight. :rockwoot:

From the sounds of everyone flying in we need to have rental car races:evil:badidea:

I will be heading south tomarrow about 12:00 looking forward to meeting up with some new faces and BS'ing. Staying at the Rodeway Inn $49.99 a night, If anybody needs help in the sled pulling pits just let me know.

See ya all there

BBD

just pulled into idaho falls, i have a long haul tomorrow, i love the way the new 6.4 ford hauls, but don't like the fuel it's burning.:doh:

Well its snowing like hell. Flights are still on time for now, I hope they stay that way.

This girl is a VERY HAPPY girl who has a big green truck sitting in the drive way with LOTS of beer in a cooler LOL!

Departing at 0900 to rendezvous with the Blonde girl at the junction of Hwy 12 and Hwy 99 as of 1000 tomorrow morning! yay!!

Ok, going to bake cookies now, so they're oober fresh :D

Dennis just left for Nashville. He is flying out at 6:15 in the morning. Everyone have a great time! The weather has to be better than it is here in KY :doh:

Last edited: