Need any and all ideas

They won't even guarantee it will run?

Would the Smarty be able to restore it if they did kill it?

Just talked to 2 different dealers and both of them want $92.50 to reprogram my ECM but neither of them will guarantee that the truck will run afterwards. That's a pretty large gamble to take right there.

That sucks, It is a big gamble.

None of them could give me a straight answer but when I told them why I was doing it (I neglected to tell them I was running a programmer) they both said that they would only return it to a stock software and that if it doesn't run afterwards (I told them that the truck was running perfect right now) that it's not their problem.

That's the plan. Going to pick up Brian's puller on Saturday while we're in Denton.

Going to pick up the new pump from the UPS place tonight when I get home from ATL.

I need to get mine reflashed because the used ECM I bought from Bob Wagner a month or so ago doesn't have my VIN in it. I didn't know it needed it because noone mentioned it to me. My ABS and Brake light comes on after about 2 minutes of running everytime and I get a "VIN mismatch" error. I guess the VIN in the ECM and the VIN int he PCM have to match. Keep this in mind if you swap ECMs. Bob gave me a good deal on the used one but has been MIA since my VIN problem. The only thing I know of that will fix it is a DBR at the $90 dealer break it off in your ass rate.

Edit: And they better think again if I'm gonna let them give me the "it may not run afterwards and it ain't our responsibility if it don't bull corn.

They didnt say anythig to me at the dodge house in kerrville about it not running afterwards. I just told them i need a ecm flash and they said it would take 45min and the minimum to pay was for an hour and their rate is $75/hr. Just take your edge off and your smarty and take the truck in with programming and tell the to flash it. Its not that big of deal to do.

They probably had one bad case where a truck had problems that came back on them. They are just covering their butts by the sounds of it.