new 12v springs

What kind of valve lift are we talkin about ... No one wants to talk about the cam being used......

If you would like, send the springs back with the invoice showing the amount you paid and I will give you a full refund. My goal is not to get rich in this endeavor, but to make a quality product, horsepower and answer to a higher power in how I conduct myself and my business.

Regardless, if you think this is fair, feel free to send them back or let me know what you think is fair. I really wish you would have pmed me previouly and allowed me to do the right thing. The way that this was handled appears to be staged as a publicity stunt instead of a customer looking fix a problem. I look forward to seeing the parts in question and seeing if there really is a problem.

The way this was handled is becoming all to common on the forums. It makes people keep their guard up. I look forward to the day that I can afford to close my doors, or people start learning proper ways to conduct themselves. That being said most of you are amazing people who share a common love of HP. I truly appologize if I shipped you a defective part and am willing to make it right.

The problem is fixed. The problem isn't the spring. I tried calling before I posted in the thread. I'm supposed to wait a week or more for you to call me back? yeah ok. We took the initiative and found the repair our self. Thanks for the offer to buy back the springs, but that isn't the issue. You can have your locks if you want. You keep trying to make this a big deal because I didn't pm you. I did try to contact you and you didn't respond. I've sent you PM's in the past and never got responses, so why would now be any different. No pun intended, I'm sure you get swamped. You can think what you want but if I was trying to be a dick then I would have been posting this crap all over. All I did was ask a question that you never answered. Sorry if you feel like we're after you and your products.

Last edited:
What kind of valve lift are we talkin about ... No one wants to talk about the cam being used......

The cam is a 181/210. The cam has no effect on valve spring installed height. Thanks for your concern though.........................

Last edited:
Really like springs helped me make 1379 hP ...no problems right out of box I did check installed height..

The problem is fixed. The problem isn't the spring. I tried calling before I posted in the thread. I'm supposed to wait a week or more for you to call me back? yeah ok. We took the initiative and found the repair our self. Thanks for the offer to buy back the springs, but that isn't the issue. You can have your locks if you want. You keep trying to make this a big deal because I didn't pm you. I did try to contact you and you didn't respond. I've sent you PM's in the past and never got responses, so why would now be any different. No pun intended, I'm sure you get swamped. You can think what you want but if I was trying to be a dick then I would have been posting this crap all over. All I did was ask a question that you never answered. Sorry if you feel like we're after you and your products.

DieselWatcher,

What is the part number of the new locks????
Is the height measured at the top of the retainer to the head??

Thank You,
WAYNES WORLD

Are they any stronger? Meaning are they the same as the retainers for the $649 springs what are the differences between the $549v1 and the $649v2 springs

The new locks are made by a new manufacturer. We use a common lock and retainer for the 12vs-1 and -2 the only thing different is the spring. On the springs we have them go through different heat treating and shot peening. This allows them to take more lift and more rpm without loosing load. Other than that they are the same wire, coiled the same way, just treated and peened differently.

Zach

Any idea when it is beneficial to run the -2's over the -1's? I ran the -2's to be safe.

Also is there any proof of the springs being different? Pictures of different dimpling from the -1/-2 peening? As far as coating and heat treat, all ham springs seem to be the same looking. Evidence of -1 failing where -2 doesn't in the same situation?

Zach,

Can there be an exchange for the ones I now have?
I have not run mine------
It seems my valves hit the pistons for now.
What is the height of the total package?
I'm awaiting a degree wheel to measure everything.
What offset keys are available to help this?

WAYNES WORLD

Wayne, I sent you a P.M.

AHALL
photo9.jpg

From Left to right, 12v-1, 12v-2, #110 24v, 110# 24v "X"

The 12v-1 has a more coarse finish, since it is not sent through tht extra shot-peen processes. The reason for the additional shot peen processing is to help reduce load loss.

If a spring is going to be run on the street at 5,000 rpm and under with a moderate cam the 12v-1 is good. If an engine is going to be run over 5,000rpm with a very high lift cam, the additional shot peening will make the spring less likely to fatigue and lose pressure. The main reason springs fail is due to inclusions in the wire which are more or less bubbles when the wire is made. The wire we use is made using a spinning process to get rid of the inclusions while in the molten state. The additional shot peening and heat treating processes usually drop installed pressure by 3-6 lbs depending on if it is a 12v or 24v spring.

On our 24v springs they will run 5,000 all day long no issues with a mild cam. We had a customer with a 5,500 rpm p-pump 24v with a .370" lift cam, lose 18lbs of installed pressure after a season of pulling. This is when we came out with our 24v X spring, It does fine with big rpm, big lift, and will maintain it's pressures with a ton of abuse. There is a big difference with springs.

All of our 12v-1 and 12v-2 use the same wire, just different treatments to bring out different metalurgical properties. Our 24v-1, -2 and -X all use the same wire, just different treatments.

All of our 12v's use the same retainers and locks.

In 5 years, we have had 1 springs failure, 3 retainers and 4 keepers. People like to blow this into a major issue, but I believe that is as good as anybody could do.

Zach

All of our 12v's use the same retainers and locks.

Im confused we had v1 and now have v2 they are different

Zach. My 12v1 have never been in out of the box can i exchange for v2's

If you order v-1 or v-2 you will get the same retainers and locks, the only thing different is the springs which have more processing on the v-2.

Call tomorrow, if we have v-2s in stock, just pay the difference and we will trade you out.

So their is no difference between a v1 that is 2 months old and the current v2 locks and retainers

Back