New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

The MWE groove is cut on a 45* angle, which is a nice change, however I'm not crazy about some casting aspects of the cover design. There is also a nice elbow/clamp setup to make the fitment very close to the 3rd Gen style cover.

Where would one find that elbow and clamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where would one find that elbow and clamp?

11846735_1009543859066357_2164029167769733607_n.jpg

12v guys need the 64.5 sxe with a steed speed.
24v 5.9 CR guys don't go smaller than the 69mm sxe with steed.
We have these chargers on a few trucks locally and they are hands down the strongest running bolt on chargers and spool better than the cast versions.
Don't go with smaller turbine housings, your spool will not change. We have T4 .91 on the 12vs and 1.0 on the 69mm cr stuff. Were pushing over 60 psi out of these chargers with exhaust manifolds, nozzles and a little timing/tuning. The 69mm will hit over 800hp easily on a CR truck and spool are almost unchanged compared to the he351. Best $1000 or under chargers on the market. If anyone has questions about running these on their personal trucks, just give me a call (812)6981736. I'd be happy to help you tune them in if you have purchased one. We have not had any failures.

I am thinking about trying a 1.0 on a 369 non-gated with my 7.3.... At least with the combustion nature I am used to, I think its going to give a few more ponies up, especially with some water/meth.... If it breaks me 500whp, I will be happy on IDI at 180cc of fuel...

Beyond that, I agree on these turbos.... Things can get fancier, but Dollar for Dollar, these are great turbo's....

Get it going yet?

You betcha.
Drove 4 hours to a dyno day...was on a beautiful run...and one of my high pressure lines started to leak, and finally blew right off...killin the engine before it had a chance to finish what she started...
Repaired it on the spot...and added 4 litres of oil...
Drove it to a car wash to clean all the oil off of everything, and drove it back home.
Needs more fuel now.:bang

Made 789.5rwhp @ 3600rpm...where the line blew off.
Went from about 300hp @ 2400 rpm to about 670 hp @ 3000 rpm.
Really wish that line didn't blow off.

image.jpg1_29.jpg

Last edited:
You betcha.
Drove 4 hours to a dyno day...was on a beautiful run...and one of my high pressure lines started to leak, and finally blew right off...killin the engine before it had a chance to finish what she started...
Repaired it on the spot...and added 4 litres of oil...
Drove it to a car wash to clean all the oil off of everything, and drove it back home.
Needs more fuel now.:bang

Made 789.5rwhp @ 3600rpm...where the line blew off.
Went from about 300hp @ 2400 rpm to about 670 hp @ 3000 rpm.
Really wish that line didn't blow off.

image.jpg1_29.jpg

Was that in Red Deer? Did you get it strapped down early in the day then?

Nice. So overall improvement from the previous 66?

I am running a gated stainless steel housing on mine.
I have the T4 x .91 non gated housing to try with it yet.

On the street, I can pop the gate open with 85+psi of drive pressure...
The Dyno operator never even had a chance to load it up enough to pop it.
My 66 had a 68mm turbine...had lots of drive pressure...100+psi.
This 69mm with the 73mm turbine, in a .76AR gated housing works very nice. (I have the gate tightened up, so not to bleed off drive pressure.....for now.)

I'd imagine that 69 on a 13mm pumped 12v with a ported head would be a savage old beast...

Any word yet on something of that nature?!

I am running a gated stainless steel housing on mine.

I have the T4 x .91 non gated housing to try with it yet.

On the street, I can pop the gate open with 85+psi of drive pressure...

The Dyno operator never even had a chance to load it up enough to pop it.

My 66 had a 68mm turbine...had lots of drive pressure...100+psi.

This 69mm with the 73mm turbine, in a .76AR gated housing works very nice. (I have the gate tightened up, so not to bleed off drive pressure.....for now.)

Is that stainless housing a T4? Where'd you find that?