new from Texas (5+ years ago)

i have found that people the act one way in public and another in private have a strong tendency to live "two lifestyles"

What's wrong with that? What I would share with my family would be different than what I share with my partner. What I share and do with my friends is different than what I would do and share with my co-workers. To me it's just common sense to know your "audience" and act accordingly. It's not two faced. Who you are doesn't change just what you express and how you express it. For example I would share my health status with my partner but I feel no need to entertain such conversation with my co-workers.

What's wrong with that? What I would share with my family would be different than what I share with my partner. What I share and do with my friends is different than what I would do and share with my co-workers. To me it's just common sense to know your "audience" and act accordingly. It's not two faced. Who you are doesn't change just what you express and how you express it. For example I would share my health status with my partner but I feel no need to entertain such conversation with my co-workers.

I couldn't have said it any better; this is EXACTLY what it is I'm trying to get across, to explain. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

i didnt mention anything about volunteering personal info.. did i?

did i say anything was wrong with living "two different lifestyles"
i find it more difficult to maintain...

for me if i change the way i conduct myself for every "audience" i meet.. my friends would ask me "who are you and what did you do with Adam Wildman?"

Last edited:
i didnt mention anything about volunteering personal info.. did i?

did i say anything was wrong with living "two different lifestyles"
i find it more difficult to maintain...

for me if i change the way i conduct myself for every "audience" i meet.. my friends would ask me "who are you and what did you do with Adam Wildman?"

Herein lies the problem; you're missing the point entirely. 1) you don't know me 2) you don't know my family or friends. Those two factors are a large part of being able to determine if one "leads two lives" etc.

You have a very negative and very odd view of things; and in this case you're wrong. I don't think it's appropriate to say things you'd say in the company of your friends, in the company of your coworkers. Most people I know practice this discretion. Same usually holds true for behavior, language etc amongst families (not all) versus friends. It's a varying degree of what your audience is comfortable with. I don't see this as a problem in any way. My friends, family and coworkers all know how and who I am. None would ever think I would be creating "multiple lives" for myself. It's actually quite a laughable idea.

Adam, I'd suggest thinking a little before judging someone you don't know, and then posting what you are pushing as fact. I am very confident and comfortable with who I am. Hopefully this helps you see things as they are, and not how your limited knowledge of things tells you.

^^ what she said. Ha, see what I did there?

Anyway, I cuss like a sailor most of the time, but I've never used a cuss word on Facebook for the same reason. I have lots of family on there. Including little cousins not even in high school and what not. Obviously it's not appropriate for my status to show up in their news feed with cuss words all in it. Especially since their only allowed to be friends with family members on Facebook because they're so young, and my status is constantly in their news feed thing.
Sorry for being two faced I guess.

Adam you are entirely missing the point and it's quite funny actually how simple it is but you don't get it.

Sent from a broken iPhone

Herein lies the problem; you're missing the point entirely. 1) you don't know me 2) you don't know my family or friends. Those two factors are a large part of being able to determine if one "leads two lives" etc.

You have a very negative and very odd view of things; and in this case you're wrong. I don't think it's appropriate to say things you'd say in the company of your friends, in the company of your coworkers. Most people I know practice this discretion. Same usually holds true for behavior, language etc amongst families (not all) versus friends. It's a varying degree of what your audience is comfortable with. I don't see this as a problem in any way. My friends, family and coworkers all know how and who I am. None would ever think I would be creating "multiple lives" for myself. It's actually quite a laughable idea.

Adam, I'd suggest thinking a little before judging someone you don't know, and then posting what you are pushing as fact. I am very confident and comfortable with who I am. Hopefully this helps you see things as they are, and not how your limited knowledge of things tells you.

nice job at taking a very extremely general statement and making it a direct personal attack.

Herein lies the problem; you're missing the point entirely.
1) you don't know me
2) you don't know my family or friends

then try and schold me for "judging" you then go right in and judge me by telling me im negative and have an odd veiw of things..like YOU actually know me :doh:

does someone besides me see the irony here?

oh wait your thread your rules, right? you can change them whenever you feel like it, right?.. do i dare say that this in and of itself is multiple sided!?!?!? it seams for you at least its completely aceptable to have various rules for various people to follow.... by actions displayed in this thread alone.

im not the person(s) that has claimed to act, behave, talk, etc differently with different groups of people..

while it seams we agree on that there are topics that we dont volunteerly bring up with different audiences. that on the other hand is not what i said nor implied.

from what you have said your friends, family, and coworkers see 3 different verisons of you with striking similarities in personalities...

tendency and creating are two completely different things...

03cummins18..
Adam you are entirely missing the point and it's quite funny actually how simple it is but you don't get it.

see above

:hehe: You need to maybe rethink your approach to others. The best way to have explained why your logic was flawed, was to use myself as an example. You are making it personal. I do not appreciate you still trying to sell this idea of multiple lives; do you have experience with this?? Last I checked, I'm one person, with one life, and dynamic people in my one life. Many different beliefs, standards, thoughts, ideas and ideals; yet we all get along and understand one another.

Question: if I joke around and crack wiseass sayings to my friends, but deem that inappropriate at work; am I two-faced? How does that make sense? I'm being appropriate and professional at work. How do you fail to see this difference! I still joke around at work, but on a different level to maintain professionalism. Friends allow you to cut loose and be silly, that's why we have them.

I didn't judge you, sorry if you feel that way. However concerning this subject, you're the only one who feels how you do. Relax a little.

Not my thread. Not my rules. Everyone posts as they see fit in here, it's the beauty of this thread. Do I give some people a hard time? Sure! All in jest and joking. If you can't see that, well...

I'm going to suggest that maybe you should get to know me, how this thread's dynamic is and how we all get along. You're really barking up the wrong tree, dear. Like I said; I'm 100% confident with who I am. If you don't like it, well that's just fine too!

:hehe: You need to maybe rethink your approach to others. The best way to have explained why your logic was flawed, was to use myself as an example. You are making it personal. I do not appreciate you still trying to sell this idea of multiple lives; do you have experience with this?? Last I checked, I'm one person, with one life, and dynamic people in my one life. Many different beliefs, standards, thoughts, ideas and ideals; yet we all get along and understand one another.
yes you used yourseld as an example and i kept the the same example to simplify things and expounded on it.
selling mulitple lives, NO. experience with people that behave, talked, one way at work and another with friends and another family got me drug through a 10 month murder case and personal loss of several 1000.00s of dollars of personal items that where confiscated for the trial. that cant be returned due to retrial rules.

Question: if I joke around and crack wiseass sayings to my friends, but deem that inappropriate at work; am I two-faced? How does that make sense? I'm being appropriate and professional at work. How do you fail to see this difference! I still joke around at work, but on a different level to maintain professionalism. Friends allow you to cut loose and be silly, that's why we have them.
im not splitting hairs with "what ifs" with you.
I didn't judge you, sorry if you feel that way. However concerning this subject, you're the only one who feels how you do. Relax a little.
didnt judge me? ok. then please explain how non judging/condoning this statement is.
You have a very negative and very odd view of things; and in this case you're wrong.
it doesnt look anything like the general statement(s) i made
no not judging at all.. mere oberservation..
i have found that people the act one way in public and another in private have a strong tendency to live "two lifestyles"
why cant people act the same reguardless what group they are associated with? or conversing with?
which was a repsonse to this comment
Originally Posted by 24vriviera
Geez pinkie, on here you are all innuendo friendly... But on Facebook you are a prude!

Not my thread. Not my rules. Everyone posts as they see fit in here, it's the beauty of this thread. Do I give some people a hard time? Sure! All in jest and joking. If you can't see that, well...
i have no problem giving a person a hard time.

I'm going to suggest that maybe you should get to know me, how this thread's dynamic is and how we all get along. You're really barking up the wrong tree, dear. Like I said; I'm 100% confident with who I am. If you don't like it, well that's just fine too!

it would seam that theres a compd pinkie and a facebook pinkie..which would bolster my previous observation of you.

congrates on your self confidence!

get to know you.. sure, find me on facebook.. im the same there as i am here.. though be warned i make the same comments here i do on facebook which would most likely get you in trouble with your non-compd pinkie friends because they dont know that side/face of you.

where as mine know what to expect and its all the same reguardless of which group of friends they are.

Adam, your comments are rude, condescending and just out of place. I more than welcome your views, thoughts and ideas. I do not welcome your uninformed judgements and ideas of who you think I am, who you think my friends think I am etc.

As stated again; my friends, family, co-workers, partner etc know who and how I am. I have nothing to worry about and nothing to "hide" as you seem to suggest.

My question wasn't splitting hairs. In fact that's the root of this whole debate. You can't answer that question? That means you're unfamiliar with that professionalism and courtesy extended to certain types of people (think of your boss, president of the university etc).

After this, I'm done responding to you regarding these topics. It's not fun, funny, or productive. Thanks.

Last edited:
In addition: I nor my friends, family etc have ever had any trouble with being involved in any kind of crime. Especially as you described above. Just food for thought.

I know Pinky in person, and I can assure you there is no double life. I don't swear etc around my family. I act differently out of a respect for them, which I thought would be easy to comprehend.

Adam you don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference between discretion due to knowing your audience, and what it means to be two-faced.

Would you be as free with tuning or setups (be it pulling or racing) with rival competitors as you would with your crew?

I know Pinky in person, and I can assure you there is no double life. I don't swear etc around my family. I act differently out of a respect for them, which I thought would be easy to comprehend.

Exactly. The only people who attempt to say they don't act any different as they go from one group of friends to the next, are pathological liars. I can't name a single person who talks or acts the same around their mother as they do around their buddies.

Some peoples kids.:bang

Adam you don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference between discretion due to knowing your audience, and what it means to be two-faced.

Would you be as free with tuning or setups (be it pulling or racing) with rival competitors as you would with your crew?

Exactly. The only people who attempt to say they don't act any different as they go from one group of friends to the next, are pathological liars. I can't name a single person who talks or acts the same around their mother as they do around their buddies.

Thanks for helping make my point, darlings! :)

you seam pretty confident about that.. but you dont know me any better then the other people..

seams my general statement of obsevation has been twisted into a personal attack on pinkie :bang

and now im being called a pathological liar or insinuated as such...by another person that doesnt know me

which is ironic for a person that bleives that honest is the only policy not the best policy

Back