New motor build for the puller

We're tearing down motor after next weekend to start on winter upgrades. Going back with the 12v marine mahle. I was kinda skeptic about these pistons in this motor when i got it but didn't have the time to swap everything at the time we did. After pulling head on the motor last fall the spray pattern looked realy good on the pistons so i decided to let them be and run it like it was. That was with 30* timing. When i tear it down again i'll put some pictures up. Although they may not be the best option i think they'll be fine

My piston bowl looks like the ones posted. I plan on running 36-40* of timing. I don't have any pics cause the block is at the machine shop plus my laptop crashed and call me electronically challenged but I can't manage attachments from my iPhone.

ILLINOISRAM what are you doing with the head? I'm still not sure if I should do the 24v up or switch to 12v? any opinions?

I hav had the head ported and polished. As much as can be done with the factory intake still inplace. Stock valves with springs, keepers and retainers. Seems to do a good job for me

I hav had the head ported and polished. As much as can be done with the factory intake still inplace. Stock valves with springs, keepers and retainers. Seems to do a good job for me

Ok then, seems like for a build this big you'd want a runner intake. But if it works for you.

It's not that I don't want one but two grand is alot of cash for something that I'm not sure it gains you that much. I know for certain that their are some truck over 1000 hp on stock intake and even a fee 3.0 trucks. One even still runs the stock 12v intake horn. Basically it just depends on how my money situation goes. I think there are things that are more important than the manifold.

It's not that I don't want one but two grand is alot of cash for something that I'm not sure it gains you that much. I know for certain that their are some truck over 1000 hp on stock intake and even a fee 3.0 trucks. One even still runs the stock 12v intake horn. Basically it just depends on how my money situation goes. I think there are things that are more important than the manifold.

Plenty of trucks with the intake on making great power, well said.

Mahle does offer a Marine version of the VP piston. Curious to hear what injector you would use with the QSB piston since it is only a 56mm bowl?

Happen to know the mahle part # for the vp piston?

You can get a nice one for around $700

Mahle does offer a Marine version of the VP piston. Curious to hear what injector you would use with the QSB piston since it is only a 56mm bowl?

More info? CR, ring height, bowl size?