New motor build for the puller

Altered stock piston from Mahle, 10.2mm top ring land to crown, 58cc's.

313383_10150312126030913_506865912_8369534_1257239184_n.jpg

Last edited:
You can get a nice one for around $700

That's alot better than 1600$ for the Scheid one. Any chance you could point me in the right direction. Iv seen the Scheid, zz fab and Helpmann and b&b tooling and they were all more than that atleast retail anyway.

That's alot better than 1600$ for the Scheid one. Any chance you could point me in the right direction. Iv seen the Scheid, zz fab and Helpmann and b&b tooling and they were all more than that atleast retail anyway.

x2 and that works with standard bend lines.

Just a little update. Bought the Hamilton 220/240 steel cam and their springs keepers and retainers to go with it. I allready had the chromoly pushrods from my previous setup Then bought standard bore 04.5-07 commonrail pistons and sent them to scheids to have .125 valve reliefs cut. Compression ratio is in the 15.5:1 area. The machine shop line bored the cam tunnel and installed cam bearings. Checked the line hone on the mains and honed the cylinders. This is a recent block from scheids so there was nothing wrong with it really. Pistons rods and crank are all getting balanced and worked over.

I don't have many pics and even if I did I can't send them to compd from my iPhone. Atleast I can't figure it out. It's not as extreme as others but I'm hoping for a good solid bottom end and hopefully be in that 1000hp range with a 2.6 protrusion charger. We will see I guess.

Let me know how the cr pistons work out for ya...I struggled with them for a year and idk how many injector combos. Simplest way Monster pump mike put it to me...whats a CR run like when running low RP, complete ****. Finally went back to an SO piston and the truck was a totaly different animal. Just my $.02

Saw your picture in Puller mag today Tim, looking good buddy. Good luck with the new setup.

Let me know how the cr pistons work out for ya...I struggled with them for a year and idk how many injector combos. Simplest way Monster pump mike put it to me...whats a CR run like when running low RP, complete ****. Finally went back to an SO piston and the truck was a totaly different animal. Just my $.02

Was this in a p pump 24v or a 12v application?

Was that with the 03-04 pistons or the 04.5-07 ones? The 04.5 bowl is really similar to a Ross or Aries design. I ran the SO pistons last year and wanted something in-between them and the 2000$+ sets. I hope they work out good. Lol

Saw your picture in Puller mag today Tim, looking good buddy. Good luck with the new setup.

Thank you. I sorta felt outta place in that magazine. But my Cenpeco rep really likes me and he stoped me one day and said he wanted a action pic of the truck to go in a mag. I thought he meant like a company news letter or something. I didn't know it was going to be in the PULLER MAG until he brought me a copy. I was shocked for sure. They called it Tims puller so I decided I needed to name it and get it lettered. Hopefully it will run good this coming season when I get all the mods done.

Last edited:
Thank you. I sorta felt outta place in that magazine. But my Cenpeco rep really likes me and he stoped me one day and said he wanted a action pic of the truck to go in a mag. I thought he meant like a company news letter or something. I didn't know it was going to be in the PULLER MAG until he brought me a copy. I was shocked for sure. They called it Tims puller so I decided I needed to name it and get it lettered. Hopefully it will run good this coming season when I get all the mods done.

For sure buddy, I'll have to catch up with you this year. Sorry about the derail, back to the build.

Simplest way Monster pump mike put it to me...whats a CR run like when running low RP, complete ****.

Or, could it be; when rail pressure drops the flow to the injector decreases rapidly, which most know as running the rail dry, hard to make power with no fuel. Most CR nozzles are ~ 30-50% smaller in flow because of the pressure difference.

I know of quite a few engines that successfully utilize the late 5.9L piston in both 12v and 24v applications. If someone is going to try and rationalize something, they should atleast be rational.