New motor build for the puller

New billet wheel Scheid 2.6 protrusion charger

7a73de6f.jpg

288fcfc4.jpg

Nice looking charger. I can't remember but did you have a budget when you started this build? I have been creeping on this thread since it started. Nice job getting her all put together.

Yes I have been building on a budget. That's why I have a 2400$ compared to the 4-5k$ precisions and hx60. I have to do side jobs wrenching to pay for pulling parts so yes I work a lot. Lol

I was just wondering, I have been buying used parts and trying to build as reasonable as possible but I spent almost what I wanted to spend on the whole build on a pump and a turbo, not even counting what I spent on the roller and some driveline parts. I am working towards getting everything to put the motor together this winter and be ready to pull next summer but I might need a side job in order for that to happen.

Ya same here. I have been trying to spend when needed and save when not. That's a pretty hard lime to follow though. I didn't set a certain amount though. I'm sure if I would have it would have done exceeded it. Lol

Ya same here. I have been trying to spend when needed and save when not. That's a pretty hard lime to follow though. I didn't set a certain amount though. I'm sure if I would have it would have done exceeded it. Lol

100% true...

Old turbo was a box stock s475sx. It had the 73/84 mm turbine wheel and a 1.10 t4 exhaust housing. New one started life as a box stock s475 with the 88/96 turbine wheel and 1.32 t6 exhaust housing. Scheids swapped out the stock cast wheel for the billet 76mm wheel setup up for ppl 2.6 protrusion rules.

Not worth a damn in my opinion. But in all fairness I have a injector issue. They are not atomizing very good. They are four years old JL injectors though. The diesel shop is working them over and trying to bring them back around. But for me it's time to order the lastest and greatest. Will let you know how the cleaned and refreshed injectors do after tomarrow night.

Last edited:
Old turbo was a box stock s475sx. It had the 73/84 mm turbine wheel and a 1.10 t4 exhaust housing. New one started life as a box stock s475 with the 88/96 turbine wheel and 1.32 t6 exhaust housing. Scheids swapped out the stock cast wheel for the billet 76mm wheel setup up for ppl 2.6 protrusion rules.

That's a healthy jump in turbine flow, any video of the new charger? Did it snuff out quicker?

Nice pull ^^ BTW.

That's a healthy jump in turbine flow, any video of the new charger? Did it snuff out quicker?

Nice pull ^^ BTW.

It's hard to explain but yes it didn't have the power at the big end.
Here is the first hook with the new turbo.

[ame]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/ILLINOISRAM/399bf346.mp4[/ame]

Here's the second video. My wife took it and when she sent it to me it was to big so it compressed it. But it still gives you an idea how it runs. I will see if I can get a better video from a buddy.

[ame]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/ILLINOISRAM/5574354c.mp4[/ame]

Actually she put the video up on Facebook and it's real clear. I don't know how to link you to it but it is under.

Tim N Kelly Burton

Now after watching it on facebook less sure...LOL Don't spin out at the end but sure was moving.

22mph to be exact. But the Danville performance dmax that won had 27-28 mph ground speed and went 313ft iirc. He runs 4.56 gears and clicks 1:1 (4th gear?). I'm sure I can't beat him but I atleast need to spin out so it looks impressive. Haha