New Pro Steet Truck sneek peak

How and the heck does that work out? I wonder if those slicks are growing quite a bit? I tach out at around 135... and that is at 4000 RPM, with 32 inch tires and 3 73 gears.... thats it, next investment is some slicks

Have to look at the diff. in OD ratio's, tire growth, and convertor efficency

Slicks should be growing some but the converter is locked. I believe the Dodge overdrive is slightly higher than the Allison so the dodge has an advantage there if you have the power to pull it.

How and the heck does that work out? I wonder if those slicks are growing quite a bit? I tach out at around 135... and that is at 4000 RPM, with 32 inch tires and 3 73 gears.... thats it, next investment is some slicks

with the 5 speed .71 OD with 3.73 and 32 tire 146mph is little over 4000..

with no tire growth factored into it

What is the OD gear on a 48RE? What is the formula for that? The guy from M&H told me that the tire will grow about an inch, effectively making it a 33 inch tall tire.

Saving my pennys for some slicks

What is the OD gear on a 48RE? What is the formula for that? The guy from M&H told me that the tire will grow about an inch, effectively making it a 33 inch tall tire.

Saving my pennys for some slicks

from what i found out

1:.69

fomula

diff ratio*tranny ratio*336/tire dia*mph= rpm

The truck is coming back out this weekend in WY , new secondary turbo, race cover on the S475 , a bunch of change's to the 4link ans suspension , and 75 lbs lighter :evil

The new secondary flows about 25-30 lbs per minute more than the S510 , should spool a bit faster too ! I may have to add a little more fuel :st: then wait for the funny noises to start :hehe:

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

DSCF2774.jpg

DSCF2779.jpg

DSCF2777.jpg

Last edited:
I may have to add a little more fuel :st: then wait for the funny noises to start :hehe:

Now that is the Comp D Spirit! Good luck man!

what kind of boost were you seeing with your old twin setup?

dont know excatly , never did look on the big tune , i know i was seeing around low 70's on the small one, I always figued the big tune was probably mid to high 80's .

Where at in wy?

Douglas WY , NHRDA event

:poke: Got any news parts you want?

me ? Always needing something , these race trucks are never ending what did yo have in mind ?

Now that is the Comp D Spirit! Good luck man!

Thanks Tim going to giver her hell , it should run real fast or break LOL