Nhrda Desert Diesel Nationals!

I got confirmation today the the 2007 and 2008 reigning NHRDA bracket champion Jim Calhoun will be attending the event.

Everyone better get your dial times right on the money or you wont be seeing the win light in your lane

IMG_5077.jpg

I got confirmation today the the 2007 and 2008 reigning NHRDA bracket champion Jim Calhoun will be attending the event.

Everyone better get your dial times right on the money or you wont be seeing the win light in your lane
I'll be in Sportsman ET and I have no delusions of doing well...my RTs "SUCK"! I'll end up in the TNT lanes, watching and running my booth most of the day I'm sure...but as long as there are diesels running down the track I'll be happy.

:cheer:Well boys and girls it is time to go drag racing

We are leaving Seattle wed night and should be in Phoenix friday about noon to watch the Banks team testing for Saturday competition

Hey Aaron give me a call Thursday maybe we can meet up somewhere and roll into Phoenix together. Glad to hear you are still coming now all Alberta is counting on you to bring home the money.

Brad what time are you leaving Montana?

See everyone at the track boy am I ready for some 80 degree weather and some Diesel Drag Racing:Cheer::Cheer:

Randy. I will give you a call on thursday see where you are at and then go from there we are leaving Thursday morning and driving straight through so we are planning on rolling into Phoenix some time around noon if everything goes as good as planned for us.

Looking forward to the event. Can't wait.

Sounds good Aaron we will meet up somewhere.

Just talked to brad at GJ they are leaving Wednesday also and we are trying to hook up somewhere in Nevada.

Also talked to Kevin from Diesel World he will be there to cover the event.

Was getting a little worried today. Heard the weather forecast and we have a small storm coming in. However, it is supposed to sneak by Phoenix and be party cloudy Saturday. They are calling for light winds and 76*F. Someone remind the Canadians to bring sun block!!! :hehe: But with the weather reports around here lately, who knows. Last storm came a week after they predicted it to begin with and ended up dropping snow to 4000 ft:bang But hopefully they are right on this one. Cant wait for Saturday! :rockwoot:

Desert Diesel Nationals March 7th update

Well race fans we are 3 days away from kicking off the MBRP 2009 Diesel Drag Race Series.

We have some great news for everyone attending both as spectactors and competitors.

Confirmed media coverage will be

Diesel Tech (Official NHRDA Magazine)
Diesel World
Diesel Power
RoddinRacing Televsion (Fox Sports)
Arizona Public Newspaper

Also attending the event will be Gale Banks in person (Gale just got inducted into the NHRA Hall of fame)

This is going to be a great event with confirmed trucks from Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Montana, Alberta, New Mexico, and Texas.

We want to thank all our sponsor in advance for this event.

Strictly Diesel
ITP Diesel
MBRP Exhaust
BD Power
Texas Diesel Power
AFE Power
Southbend Clutches
NADP
Randysoffroad Connection
FASS Fuels
Dynomite Diesel
Grand Rock Exhaust
Twisted Diesel Connection
UTI School
Sanderson Ford
Diesel Hardware
Midway Chevrolet
Torco Fuels
Jefferson State Diesel

The NHRDA again wants to thank all the sponsors for helping promote the Desert Diesel Nationals in 2009.

Thanks and see you at the track Saturday

Well, I wont be able to make this one due to being down, but good luck to everyone and be safe! Hope its a great event!! See yall at Ennis though.
Ryan Tucker

whats going on down there? getting limited feedback, anybody have an update?

It was a great event.

Banks set a new national pro stock record at Et 7.77 and MPH 180.00

Ct Performance set a new national record in super street but couldnt get it backed up within 1% to make it official.

The Rat Rod from Montana was a crowd favorite.

Texas Diesel Power is working the bugs out of the tranny and it should be flying in Texas in 3 weeks.

A big Thanks to ITP and Stricltly Diesel for being Title sponsor of this event.

I gurantee this will be a huge event in the next couple of years.

Well time to start driving to Texas

i talk to aaron yesterday serveral times, sounds like everyone had a great time, i wish i could have been there, there were just to many things that didn't work out, glad everyone had a great time

Sounds like a great time sorry I missed it. Spent a week driving to Virginia and back got home Sat afternoon, but still 1100 miles from the race.:doh:

Great event guys. It was pretty sweet. Except for the mini rails, and the little motorcycle looking thing that made like 15 passes. But all in all, a great event. Looking forward to going next year as well!

I would like to take a minute to THANK everyone that helped to make the 2009 Desert Diesel Nationals a great event!!! As one of the main sponsors as well as a racer, I honestly didn't get to get around and see/talk with nearly enough people. Between answering questions at my tent, running my truck and trying to spend some time with my family the day just FLEW by! None the less, I was really excited about how things went off:

1. Turnout for DDN09 was tremendously better than 08! Nate and I really worked hard to get involved as early as we could so that this years event would get the necessary promotion. I think that getting the word out early (with the help of everyone that posted on different internet forums for us of course!) was really a key factor.
  2. We had no major incidents on the track, not even any significant "clean up" downtime that I'm aware of!
  3. Having a number of "Special" vehicles really helped get the interest in this race up, so I owe a special THANKS to the Banks team for bringing out the Sidewinder again, John Robinson for bringing out the Funny Car and G and J Diesel for bringing out the "Rat Rod" (that thing is VERY COOL!).
  4. Thanks also to Gene (weweld) for bringing "Stroked Lightning", Zane from Wide Open Performance for bringing his OBS and the CT Performance guys for bringing the Orange Dodge all the way from Edmonton! I'm sure I'm missing several people but I just didn't get around the pits or watch enough racing.
  5. Thanks to everyone for sticking your daily drivers in the staging lanes and making runs down the track. With all 3 major diesel magazines on site, having a good turnout of "regular joes" racing will certainly help to show others that you don't have to own a full on race truck to participate and have fun at one of these events!
  6. Thanks also to Jefferson State Diesel for bringing the dyno down! Last I heard they didn't get as many takers as they'd like, but we really do appreciate them coming and hope that they will consider coming back again and helping us grow this into a really great yearly event!
  7. Thanks to the NHRDA guys for thinking of Phoenix and allowing us to have such a great event. Randy, Chris and everyone else with the NHRDA that put this event together deserve a big round of applause!
  8. THANKS to my co-sponsor...Nate Brekken from Strictly Diesel! Nate and I work well together and I think you will see us sponsoring this event for years to come!
  9. Thanks to all of the rest of the sponsors as well!

I hope that about covers it and that I didn't leave anyone out!

Thanks Dennis you did a great job and I will be back next year :woohoo:

The NHRDA would like to thank all the sponsors, competitors and spectators that attended the Desert Diesel Nationals. This event kicked off the 2009 MBRP Diesel Drag Race Series with a bang. The weather was perfect and everyone was excited to get rid of winter and go drag racing.

Again we want to thanks all the sponsors that made this a great event

ITP Diesel
Strictly Diesel
Jefferson State Diesel
MBRP Performance Exhaust
BD Power
Grand Rock Exhaust
AFE Power
South Bend Clutches
Dynomite Diesel
FASS Fuel Systems
Randys Offroad Connection
NADP
UTI School
Sanderson Ford
Midway Chevrolet
Diesel Hardware
Alternative Auto Care
Torco Race Fuels
Texas Diesel Power
Underground Diesel
Terminator Engineering
Real Image Hydro Printing

Media Coverage was provided by
Diesel Tech (Official NHRDA magazine)
Diesel World
Diesel Power
Roddin & Racing TV

Event results

Sportsman Et

Jim Calhoun Winner
Robert Grangrade Runner up

Super Street

Neil Trent Winner 12.37et 111.91mph
Aaron Schaff Runner up truck broke (best et of the day 10.90et 125.17mph)

Pro Street
Steve Bruce Winner 11.10et 128.06mph
Jerred Mattingley Runner up 11.70et 120.55mph

Pro Stock
Wes Anderson Winner 7.77et 180.00mph (National Pro Stock Record)
Steve Darnell runner up 12.84et 102.20

Again we want to thank everyone that attended the 2009 Desert Diesel Nationals and we look forward to seeing everyone next year in March.