NHRDA World Finals

Congrats to all 2010 NHRDA World Champions

Wes Anderson - 2010 Top Diesel World Champion

Chad Riley - 2010 Pro Stock World Champion

Donavan Harris - 2010 Pro Street World Champion

Brian Spooner - 2010 Super Street World Champion

Dean Sheldon - 2010 Sportsman Et World Champion

Wellllllll................. what a trip 3600 mile rounder. What a great get together, Was able to meet a lot of very creative people with some very interesting rides. As a fabricator and builder I can appreciate the hard work that had gone into there rides. Randy and his crew had done a extremely amazing job getting this event together HATS OFF. Its to bad the weather was not on our side. I was very concerned on Saturday after the burn out competition and the rain started when the Kenworth was staging to run and the track officials let him go and was going side ways down the track AND DID NOT SHUT DOWN THE TRACK, and even more disappointed when pro street staged and let them go Melcom almost hit the wall, and let two more go JUST WHAT THE HELL WHERE THE TRACK PEOPLE THINKING. These people are here for our protection,thank GOD no one crashed or worst!!! When we asked later for a chance to run again due to track conditions we where told TO BAD SO SAD ..what a crock. to drive all that way with out even a chance to try. This is the third time something has happen that we just shut our month and said nothing hot this time!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep - several mistakes were made... hope they get it right next year.

Still a lot of fun to be there though (course your trip was a few thousand KM less than ours!):Cheer:

I thought about this a lot and being one of the pro street trucks that ran and went side ways and took out the timing equipment at a 117 mph and took my self out of the race I should of stood up for myself and not ran it was unsafe ,there is tracks that close down when there dew out let alone rain I blame my self for running. I learned from this and hope other readers do, if you feel it is unsafe stand up for self and I think other people will follow you in the staging lanes if im wrong chime in.

We should have stood up and said NO but we do our best to make this work and I WILL HAVE TO SAY THE TRACK OFFICIALS ARE THERE TO MAKE SURE ITS SAFE................................BAR NONE

Dale Smith came up to me and mentioned how the track was to me while I was waiting in the burn out box. I listened to him and made up my mind to not run even if the rain did not come.

The problem being is that, we racers, are mostly back in the lanes and have no idea what the track is like, or what the racers in front of us are doing, so we just come up and stage counting on the track to keep us safe.

With great driving skills of the 2x4 guys, damage to the trucks and persons was pain free, but could have been different.

Dale Smith came up to me and mentioned how the track was to me while I was waiting in the burn out box. I listened to him and made up my mind to not run even if the rain did not come.

The problem being is that, we racers, are mostly back in the lanes and have no idea what the track is like, or what the racers in front of us are doing, so we just come up and stage counting on the track to keep us safe.

With great driving skills of the 2x4 guys, damage to the trucks and persons was pain free, but could have been different.

I agree 100%. People always say that it's the racer's responsibility to make sure the track is safe (i.e., you should refuse to run if you don't feel safe), but in many cases (especially in a place like Topeka where you can't see the track unless you are in the next pair to run), you are dependent on the track officials to make that judgement call. I have always made the (apparently foolish) assumption that they would not send me down a track that is unsafe. I have seen people sent down unsafe tracks (myself included at non-diesel events) way too often lately.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

So this guy said he won. Did really good racing this weekend! Surprised by the Excursion!

DSC_0133.jpg

This was a charity race at Union Groves Dragaway strip in WI.

You guys are right...I seen the Kenworth go sideways and was like what the...but you can't see what is going on down the track in Topeka and I thought it was safe and that they would look after us our truck was a little sketchy going down the track and after I seen the video and J&H over in our lane at the end should have went with the thought in my head as to whether we should be running...just a good thing no one was hurt!!

Looking forward to next year!!