Nira stand alone not stock injectors.

Thanks for sharing! Now that you show it, it makes sense, but I would not have guessed it.

A 1044hp at 79.5 psi (at the secondary). Very close to mine. I made 1040hp, with 82psi (at the manifold).

Hp and boost were "following" each other. By the opacity test, I'm guessing that fueling wasn't dropping off, so the limit factor was air? Or was it because the drive pressure keep climbing even though the boost was dropping, and the increased drive pressure was reducing hp? I wonder what would happen if you wastegated the primary.

Thanks again...
Paul

Any info or old threads on the complete build? If not, care to share details? Inj., pump(s) etc...

tapatalking from droidx

Powervsboost.jpg

You once asked me:

1200 on 70 lbs boost? Can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit high. I want the secret.

Guess you can see the answer now.

Flow, money, tuning, time and more money?

Last edited:
umm that wasn't very "clean" if that's clean to you, then you need your eyes checked :)

idling.. that's cleaner then mine I think. heh.

What? It cleaned right up!.....after I let off the throttle....LOL

Now that's a flat power curve there. Congratulations.
What boost numbers did you see(at the manifold)?

79.5 on that run.
Drive topping out near 100lbs or better near the end. The sensor only goes to 100 and its pretty much saturated.

Thanks for sharing! Now that you show it, it makes sense, but I would not have guessed it.

A 1044hp at 79.5 psi (at the secondary). Very close to mine. I made 1040hp, with 82psi (at the manifold).

Hp and boost were "following" each other. By the opacity test, I'm guessing that fueling wasn't dropping off, so the limit factor was air? Or was it because the drive pressure keep climbing even though the boost was dropping, and the increased drive pressure was reducing hp? I wonder what would happen if you wastegated the primary.

Thanks again...
Paul

The increased drive has to be hurting max power.....YET

I must have made ten pulls adjusting the external gate around the primary. All fruitless, as soon as I drop any drive, boost follows and the power curve is just glued to that line.

The temperature of the primary air coming up would be fighting the the secondary as well......Ill see if I can graph that.

You once asked me:

1200 on 70 lbs boost? Can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit high. I want the secret.

Guess you can see the answer now.

Hey, I'm working on it......but since your keeping those golden coins in that bucket, do you monitor drive on that set up?

Im thinking your drive pressure has to be much more favorable than mine, that and the gt55 turbine has been touched by the hand of god......

I'll post the pressures log when I get back from the shop.

Hey, I'm working on it......but since your keeping those golden coins in that bucket, do you monitor drive on that set up?

Im thinking your drive pressure has to be much more favorable than mine, that and the gt55 turbine has been touched by the hand of god......

I'll post the pressures log when I get back from the shop.

My drive pressure is around where your boost pressure is. The 55 has a slight edge on both sides and the secondary moves a bit more at the low end than your 64.

Flow, money, tuning, time and more money?

That's the idea......

Added a fresh pull from tonight. Jeeesh, do we really need 1000HP at 2500...:bang

SecondaryBoostvsPrimaryairtemp.jpg

Here's that pressure data if anyone's interested. That blip must be the secondary gate.

Boost_drivevsRPM.jpg

My drive pressure is around where your boost pressure is. The 55 has a slight edge on both sides and the secondary moves a bit more at the low end than your 64.

NICE!

Last edited:
Added a fresh pull from tonight. Jeeesh, do we really need 1000HP at 2500...:bang

Thats awesome! I always like seeing what your up to next.

I wish I had a dyno in the garage!

I work with acouple guys from Nipawin. Last names are Wallis and Nycholat ever heard of them? Just curious.

I've heard of both those names but don't know any personally.

Might be the end of testing for a bit, pulled the oil on the trans and it has that metallic paint scheme going on.....

Just change the fluid to Hygard and let it take several more rounds of testing...2000 ft lb beatings!

Got a MAF sensor to log intake air volume? It would be interesting to see what effect the increasing drive pressure has on intake flow (not just pressure).

Metallic paint scheme in the trans fluid is never good. Kind pretty though...

Paul

Just change the fluid to Hygard and let it take several more rounds of testing...2000 ft lb beatings!

I like your thinking.....started running the Hygard after I first hurt the clutches, and that stuff is the chiznit. Nothing but is going back in.

Got a MAF sensor to log intake air volume? It would be interesting to see what effect the increasing drive pressure has on intake flow (not just pressure).

Metallic paint scheme in the trans fluid is never good. Kind pretty though...

Paul

The ECM is fuel mapped with speed density calculated from rpm's VE and IAT, rather than from a MAF.

I do have the 9" superflow air measurement turbine but it caps out at 1200 CFM, so I suppose I'd have to add a second in parallel.

The new set is going to have compressor speed sensors, so I'm thinking I might go ahead and mount the sensors to these compressor housings for a look see before I pull the set.

The new set is going to have compressor speed sensors, so I'm thinking I might go ahead and mount the sensors to these compressor housings for a look see before I pull the set.

Now that would really be cool!

Paul

I'm comparing graphs(hard to do because my bottom line is mph instead of rpm) and was wondering if you ran no load, held it to a certain speed and released the load, or ran a load the whole time?
At Drakes event he held us at a certain speed and we built boost and then he released the load and we went from there. I had mine held at 80mph and took it to 20psi and then he released the load and i rolled into it.

Last edited:
Timed sweep, 8 seconds like the bull riders.......:hehe: None of these pansy 2-3 second sweeps.....:lolly:

So you go up to the starting mph and put as much load against it as you want as it will not let you past, then press the accel and you go for a eight second ride.

Usually Ill go up to the start rpm and roll into full fuel the instant its stabilized hit the accel and let it go.

I'll throw up that same pull with the mph and you can compare better.

This is a dual eddy brake dyno as well so I suppose most out there with a single couldn't hold the trucks back at full torque.

When you say they release the load, I don't even see that as a profile, unless they are using timed sweep and using a time that is less than what it takes to accelerate the inertia of the roller.

Last edited:
Drakes SuperFlow is a timed sweep but nobody knows how to adjust the sweep timeframe.

His dyno acts exactly like yours, get to your speed, mat it, then hit accel.

I find that this particular dyno provides repeatable numbers time after time...as long as you hit accel at the same point everytime.

My terminology may not have been correct. I forgot to add that the runs go to a pre-determined mph. I had him set it to 130 on mine and have wondered since about the shape of the graph. It starts falling off pretty substantially at about 120 and is down by around 100hp by 130. On the road it seems to still be pulling hard well past that point. That's why i asked if there was still a load on your runs.
Thanks for posting all the info. Amazing stuff.

Last edited: