Ohio Truck Rally June 28th,29th

Let me be the first to report on Thompson. IT RAINED. But, not before the guys got some time runs in. The Scheid dragster made one pass before the rain out. 7.6... something. Just Awesome to see in person. Dan is really a nice guy. Jeff, Randy and Mike from the NHRDA had things running super smooth. Really a great turn out considering the impending weather. I'm sure one of the officials will post up some of the times.
Oh and Trainrobber..... fast truck. Congrats.
Got to meet lots of the CompD members. All in all, well worth the three hour ride.

I'm posting a few pics. My favorite is Jeff out there inhaling the smoke from the dragster. :hehe:

Last edited:
Yes a little wet!:kick:

But a darn good time. Trainrobbers truck is bad azz! Sucked he could not get a back up run. Scheids rail was awesome in person. I was impressed how smooth the engine sounded. It ran well.

That 6.5 powered rat rod truck was cool to.

I had a great time and meant some more good folk along with getting to see some old freinds.

Sorry about the pics. I'll upload them later. Takes longer to upload than it does to drive there and back.:kick:

IMG_0876.jpg

Ive never been to Thompson but it looked to be a pretty nice track. Just sucks about the rain. I almost cryed.... Randy, jeff, Jeffs brother(sorry cant remember names well) and many many others, excellent to meet you all. Guess ill have to get to NJ...... Wish i could have made another pass to back that up....Funny thing was my 330 ft time was almost 5 hundreths slower than my other passes with it....( only left at 20lbs) 11.007. 10.90s were definately on the next run. Oh well....
Great crew in the NHRDA. You guys are doing a fine job and it was a privilege to participate.

I was dissapointed that the time boards werent working or being used..oh and about the rain..lol

Ironically, I needed to wear my sunglasses on the drive home....Gotta love Ohio weather...

Good to see old friends and meet some new ones.

Here's the 6.5 Ratrod. A 30 something, something with a mechanically injected 6.5 and a Hx 35 turbo:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ratrods1.JPG
    ratrods1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 65
  • ratrods2.JPG
    ratrods2.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
I like that whole truck, but especially the bed liner-ed body. :rockwoot:

That sucks about the rain guys...looks like going to Virginia worked out good:D

My tranny is better though...now to get a couple minor issues worked out on the twins and go dyno:evil
Chris

I would like to thank everyone that came out to thompson. We were on pace to have a great event, During the first 2 rounds of qualifying the national super street record was broken and backed up by Karl Mireter with a 11.52et and 117.67mph , and as soon as that happend trainrobber broke it with a 11.00 et and 119.13 mph but then the rain came down and he could not back up his time, but i have a feeling that wont be the case in New Jersey next month.

Also want to thank Dan for bringing out the rail and letting ohio have a taste of what diesel performance is all about. Also thanks to all the sponsors especially Josh from Grand Rock Exhaust he is the one that called up the NHRDA last year and said you to be at thompson raceway in 2008 and he was right.

Again a big thanks to everyone :tree:

Division 5 is definetly on the move with new members and new tracks and will just keep getting bigger and bigger

i am on my way home to seattle and will try to get pictures up on website by middle of next week.

On behalf of the NHRDA Division 5 Team, I would like to personally thank all those that came to race and those who came to spectate. We knocked on Ohio's door and Ohio answered and threw down the welcome mat for us !!!!!

We need to go over the numbers but I believe there is a New NHRDA National Record that has been set.

TrainRobber's truck is BADASS! I can't wait again to see that truck in action! Hopefully we can get him on a track that he will be able to get full traction on. That truck rocks! Island Dragway is next TrainRobber- we shall hope to see you run faster numbers and get the back up pass needed to secure the record.

Karl M who has a Monster VP- that truck is something to watch right there. Once he gets settled down and cool calm and collected- he will take that truck far! An awesome truck for sure and one to keep an eye on in the future. Bring that truck to Island next month and we'll see some more records drop!!!!!:rockwoot:

Doug once again AWESOME Ratty ! His ratty boings the front wheels upon lifting the trans brake. I believe he went his fastest at a 12.6- something. And as usual the simple lil rat rod was a hit! Diesel World Magazine made it a point to shoot some pics of that beast so I am pretty sure some magazine exposure is soon coming. Thanks for making the trip Doug and his wonderful wife.

All in all there were plenty of trucks that came out even with the NHRA Nationals being held in Norwalk.

I am positive our next trip out will be even better!!

Special thanks to Dan, Bo and the rest from the Scheid Team. The one pass was pure awesomness to see. We'll have to wait to see the pics that get posted, but myself personally, I was able to shoot one of the best pics from just under the tree as Bo heated the slicks. This pic was the money shot. And when Bo started his burn out he had the entire starting line staff at Thompson, running for cover! LOL - Randy and Treesmasher held their ground and enjoyed every moment of your pass. Randy came up to us soon after and asked us if we thought he was standing too close- he had tons of bits of rubber all over him! LMAO ! My pic even shows Randy standing there camera in hand and the starting staff running for cover! Bo- I will send you a pic to your e-mail addy. I am sure Dan will want that one too.

Folks in spite of the monsoon rains that shut us down, we had an awesome time- and once again Ohio answered the call for future diesel events with the NHRDA.

Thanks once again for those who traveled the distance to attend the event.

Steve once again fast red rig! Johnboy- great to meet you- and see your box of broken parts on display( you got lucky there man- coulda been a lot worse!) Snedge- bout time we met! Next time we gotta find a pasta house afterwards! LOL :hehe:

Jeez I don't know where to end- the after event dinner was pure laughter! Let's just say the NHRDA Division 5 group really knows how to shut down a room in a fine eating establishment:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: We comandeered that section all to ourselves- there were people sitting there when we walked in, before long we were the only group there. LOL :hehe: :hehe: LOL

Thanks y-all for an awesome time in Ohio!!!!!!!!:bow::cheer:

I'm guessing Mike's 4BT powered Rat didn't make it?

Chris
No, Mike did not make it out..... Rumor has it he was too scared of the mighty 6.5 Chebby powerplant....:hehe::hehe::hehe:-just kidding LOL

Hoping we can get him out to New Jersey.....:rockwoot:

Here are a few of my pics.
Trainrobbers Hotrod
Scheid Hotrod
RacinDaullie Inhaling Fuel

Oh... now I recognize the mini sub on your tailgate Mini sub.:hehe:

Last edited: