Ohio TS convoy

hey joel, this is josh i met you at LaRue when your head gasket decided to release. I had the blue and silver 1st gen. I am not bringing the truck this time,I doubt there will be a trailer, as for CB unsure.

im curious how we are working the fuel situation....are we gonna have set stops or just stop whenever we need too. if we want the convoy to roll in together then we will have to have stops all together so i was just curious to see how we were gonna do that....thanks

im curious how we are working the fuel situation....are we gonna have set stops or just stop whenever we need too. if we want the convoy to roll in together then we will have to have stops all together so i was just curious to see how we were gonna do that....thanks

i was also curious about that...i prolly wont be getting the best MPG with the new 7x12s im putting in this weekend.

hey joel, this is josh i met you at LaRue when your head gasket decided to release.
:doh: I remember that like it was yesterday. LOL

We will be stopping at the Pilot south of Louisville if you need fuel. It's only 300 miles from Springfield to BG, so I shouldn't need fuel the whole trip. Hopefully everyone that COULD need fuel, tops off prior to one of the meeting areas. I can't slow this train down anymore than we already are just because someone didn't plan ahead. :badidea: Everyone knows where the stops are at, so if someone needs to fall behind for fuel or a bathroom break, they should be able to catch up at the next stop.

Convoy count: 43 Trucks / 12 Trailers

Double J (T) (Ramada)
Signature 600 (T)
Woodsrat (T) (Campground)
SuperSonic (+ 1 truck) (T)
Greenbeast (T) (Ramada)
Sonic Superduty (+ 6 trucks) (Days Inn)
Rchdiesel (T)
DieselDork (Ramada)
High Tech Ram (+ 4 trucks) (Ramada)
CumminsExpress (T) (tentative)
Diesel Tweaker
FireMed (Econo)
Robts (+2 T) (+ 3 trucks)
CPSimpson
BLK350on20s
Joefarmer (+ 2 trucks) (Homeless)
Trainrobber (+ 1 truck) (Ramada)
Coon Smile (+ 1 truck) (Days Inn)
Bobcat698 (T) (Ramada)
n8kxh (Microtel)
House (T) (Days Inn) *Indiana Convoy lead truck*
Rowilson
Hoob (T)
12vchevydually (+ 1 truck)

CB channel: 1

Meeting place 1:
Rest area south of HWY 63 (Exit 29) on Interstate 75. Mile marker 27.6
Depart time: Leave rest area at 8:00 AM

Meeting place 2:
Rest area south of HWY 536 (Exit 178) on Interstate 75.
Depart time: Leave rest area at 9:00 AM

Pit Stop:
Pilot truck stop off of Interstate 65, Exit 105 (HWY 61, S. Preston Hwy). This Pilot is about 35 miles south of Louisville and should leave us with about 1.5 hours to go to BG

Last edited:
:doh: I remember that like it was yesterday. LOL

We will be stopping at the Pilot south of Louisville if you need fuel. It's only 300 miles from Springfield to BG, so I shouldn't need fuel the whole trip. Hopefully everyone that COULD need fuel, tops off prior to one of the meeting areas. I can't slow this train down anymore than we already are just because someone didn't plan ahead. :badidea: Everyone knows where the stops are at, so if someone needs to fall behind for fuel or a bathroom break, they should be able to catch up at the next stop.

Convoy count: 43 Trucks / 12 Trailers

Double J (T) (Ramada)
Signature 600 (T)
Greenbeast (T) (Ramada)
Rchdiesel (T)
DieselDork (Ramada)
Diesel Tweaker
FireMed (Econo)
CPSimpson
BLK350on20s
Bobcat698 (T) (Ramada)
n8kxh (Microtel)
Rowilson
Hoob (T)

Meeting place 1:

Meeting place 2:

Pit Stop:
Pilot truck stop off of Interstate 65, Exit 105 (HWY 61, S. Preston Hwy). This Pilot is about 35 miles south of Louisville and should leave us with about 1.5 hours to go to BG

Man dude you got this down to an art!:clap: To bad I can't make it this year....

I'll be leaving Urbana Ohio as soon as I can get my buddy off work (~7am) and will be trailering his truck down. I won't make it to the first meeting place in time, but I sure plan on catching this train. Just listen for the whistle of a compound turbo Dmax with a big trailer coming from behind :)

I might join this convoy, but I don't know when I'll be able to leave just yet. I know one thing, I don't wanna be at the back of the line. I could only imagine how much unburnt fuel will be sucked throught the vents of the guys in the back. And they'll probably have a nice thin coat of soot over their recently cleaned paint too. :st: :st: :st:

Welcome aboard HotRod. :Cheer: You should be able to catch us at the 2nd rest area shortly after you get into KY.

For those of you that are unsure of where the meeting places are, just click on the hyperlinks and it should bring you REAL close to the meeting areas (rest areas) and the Pilot. Just zoom out from there to get a idea of where these places are at.

Convoy count: 44 Trucks / 13 Trailers

Double J (T) (Ramada)
Signature 600 (T)
Greenbeast (T) (Ramada)
Rchdiesel (T)
DieselDork (Ramada)
Diesel Tweaker
FireMed (Econo)
CPSimpson
BLK350on20s
Bobcat698 (T) (Ramada)
n8kxh (Microtel)
Rowilson
Hoob (T)
HotRodTractor (T)

Meeting place 1:

Meeting place 2:

Pit Stop:
Pilot truck stop off of Interstate 65, Exit 105 (HWY 61, S. Preston Hwy). This Pilot is about 35 miles south of Louisville and should leave us with about 1.5 hours to go to BG[/QUOTE]

Joel thanks I got your check, and FIREMED I got your money aswell....

our computer decided to take a **** on us while we were in the design process,,, so we just picked up the new and be up and running tonite!!!

Joel

Drop my trailer off the list. Decided to stay at the hotel (best western) Didnt seem to be alot of people camping so figured we better go where the fun is. There are still rooms at the best western if anyone needs them but you have to call the website says they are full. It is across from the party hotel

All the Indiana Guys are planning on meeting yall at the Pit Stop in Louisville. Not sure of a truck count, but I know it will be my truck with me new CB set up and House with his new truck in tow! Should have at least 4-5 truck along with us!

Cant wait for this to go down. i realy want to se the faces on the people at the open house when 3 miles of truck pull in at the same time!

Like I said at this point I plan on joining in the convoy with Indiana crew. I have a drag race at IRP (see 3rd annual Schmitt Drag Race thread I opened) that is going to take place on the 18th, but if it is rained out it will take place on the 25th.....which will rule me out for going down with the convoy. I just won't miss the Schmitt's race. Problem is that race ends at midnight friday, so if the 18th gets rained out and it takes place the 25th I'll be there til midnight, then probably go ahead and make the trek down to BG after that and just sleep in my darn truck.........I probably won't have any other trucks with me, unless I can round some up this weekend.

Indiana Guys Meet On I65 just south of Indy at
I-65 & Whiteland Road, Exit 95 The Flying J Truck stop
at 7:45-8:05am

For anyone that's new and can't figure out what everything on the list means, here it is again. I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on printing the latest list out before we leave just so I know who's who, who has CB's, who's pulling trailers, where all the cool people are staying (Ramada) :poke: LOL, etc, etc.

Bold text=Driver has a CB
Red text = Latest changes
(T)= pulling a trailer
(+ truck)= number of trucks (buddies) someone is bringing along
(Lodging location)= do I really need to explain?
Pink= You're a homo. You don't want to be on this list, trust me.

Convoy count: 45 Trucks / 12 Trailers

Double J (T) (Ramada)
Signature 600 (T)
Woodsrat (Best Western)
Greenbeast (T) (Ramada)
Rchdiesel (T)
DieselDork (Ramada)
Diesel Tweaker
FireMed (Econo)
CPSimpson
BLK350on20s
Bobcat698 (T) (Ramada)
n8kxh (Microtel)
Rowilson
Hoob (T)
HotRodTractor (T)
Smokinrebel

Meeting place 1:

Meeting place 2:

Pit Stop:

well **** what the hell I was looking foward to seein them twins post a good number since them mustang idiots didnt know what they are doing

Back