One thing led to another. Build thread.

I like the choice of axles :thumbsup:

I know you pay attention to this stuff, so what kind of weight do you think it'll lose just in the axle switch?

I'm not sure. If I had to guess, i'd say the 9" will be about 250, and i'd guess the stock axles might be 450+ That would probably be a conservative estimate both ways.

Be careful on axle length with a 9". Strange recommends not going over 34 7/8" on even their 40 spline. Might be an issue on front passenger axle. Maybe pull a tape from diff housing to end to get an idea if you're in the safe zone. Not sure how the custom knuckle system applies to this.

Thank you for the advice. I'll check with them about that.

Wow JP, really going for it!!! I imagine that you will save weight and improve strength and suspension all at the same time!!!

I probably need to do mine that way too, but I may keep the frame and still run leaf springs. I'm still undecided...

I doubt i'll gain any strength over the 9.25 and 11.5. I can tell you that your bank account will be happier if you keep your stock axles.

I'm not sure. If I had to guess, i'd say the 9" will be about 250, and i'd guess the stock axles might be 450+ That would probably be a conservative estimate both ways.

Thank you for the advice. I'll check with them about that.

I doubt i'll gain any strength over the 9.25 and 11.5. I can tell you that your bank account will be happier if you keep your stock axles.

I was talking about chassis strength like you did with your front control arms, stronger and lighter with the chromoly tube over stock stamped steel arms...

We did the axles in my truck already and while they are partially stock they are a long way from totally stock, but I think they will hold up very well!!! Up front we have an ARB with G2 4.56 gears and Fleece TufShafts connected to RCV Ultimate Axle CV Joint axle assemblies to handle the long travel and abuse of desert racing. The RCV axles are 3-inches wider per side to give more travel and work with the suspension setup. In the rear we went with a 38-spline Yukon Grizzly Locker with G2 4.56 gears and Branik Motorsports 300M double splined axles. The AAM 11.5 housing was retubed with 4-inch diameter 0.5-inch wall tubing that is 3-inches wider on each side to match the track with in the front. I think we will keep these axles under the truck no matter what suspension configuration we come up with in the rear... I'd like to get some more travel out of the front eventually too... I know the CVs can handle more but right now my setup is somewhere between 12-14-inches of travel and I'd like to be closer to 16-20-inches in the front with 24 or more in the rear!!!

I was talking about chassis strength like you did with your front control arms, stronger and lighter with the chromoly tube over stock stamped steel arms...

We did the axles in my truck already and while they are partially stock they are a long way from totally stock, but I think they will hold up very well!!! Up front we have an ARB with G2 4.56 gears and Fleece TufShafts connected to RCV Ultimate Axle CV Joint axle assemblies to handle the long travel and abuse of desert racing. The RCV axles are 3-inches wider per side to give more travel and work with the suspension setup. In the rear we went with a 38-spline Yukon Grizzly Locker with G2 4.56 gears and Branik Motorsports 300M double splined axles. The AAM 11.5 housing was retubed with 4-inch diameter 0.5-inch wall tubing that is 3-inches wider on each side to match the track with in the front. I think we will keep these axles under the truck no matter what suspension configuration we come up with in the rear... I'd like to get some more travel out of the front eventually too... I know the CVs can handle more but right now my setup is somewhere between 12-14-inches of travel and I'd like to be closer to 16-20-inches in the front with 24 or more in the rear!!!

Is there a thread for this?

Bringing this back from the dead.

9C007671-8A61-46F4-BE47-DC6F68D55271_zpsqxft6mrn.jpg

24D9297B-6654-40B2-AFF0-5331739D5D4A_zpsutkdsdqx.jpg

63104D76-28D7-47BC-A3C7-AA49977486A0_zps788udtxc.jpg

Man that was zero to 9458984 real fast. Like the progress Though

can't wait to see the truck go down the track its turning out to be a work of art! great job JP and crew

Im pretty effing jealous! Not gonna lie... sick azz truck JP, props to you and the dow boys.