opinions on build for 650 hp

Why do you have to scare me like this?....

The un balanced turbos I have done on my personal stuff in the past havent eaten themselves but they have gotten sloppy in a hurry. Something about brass vs harmonics at 100k rpm not meshing very well LOL

Would I be better getting a new turbo then I don't know anywhere locally that can balance a turbo wheel?

Im in Vancouver Canada and bd diesel is about an hour away so might get them to rebuild it is 500 good with parts and labour?

Im in Vancouver Canada and bd diesel is about an hour away so might get them to rebuild it is 500 good with parts and labour?

BD are good people.

Yes 500 is fair. By the time they clean everything, balance, put a repair kit in it, etc.. the time invested adds up.

The turbo is being rebuilt today and should be ready tomorrow. I am seeing more blow by and some oil coming out my blow by tube does this mean my rings are worn or could it be a vaccum leak, as I had a bd exhaust brake before but took it off and didn't have enough lines to re route them?

A little update the turbo is back on and the truck seems to be running better and most of the burning oil smell is gone. However the truck is still not as fast as before ever since I put the afc live kit and 7mm delivery valves. It seems to be a bit better under 2000 rpms but anything over it doesn't seem to pull and lite as hard as before it smokes more also. Could it be a fuel pressure issue or leak in the afc kit? thanks

Woah woah woah. I'm in Vancouver too. ADP in port Kells might be able to do it.
Any chance I know you? Name? Lol

Do you guys think this is a fuel pressure issue or afc issue as it hasn't been the same since I took it apart?

What delivery valves were you running before you installed our 7mm dvs? Is the timing the same as before? What about the AFC spring/starwheel adjustment?

We just dynoed my 98' daily driver the other day and it put down 666 hp and 1523 ft lbs with AFC LIVE set to full power mode. With it set to minimum power it put down a touch over 200 HP and 500 ft lbs. It fuels as much as the factory non-benched 180 pump will put out on my truck....

Do you have a stage 1 or stage 2 AFC LIVE? Feel free to call tomorrow during normal business hours 9am to 5pm at the shop number for additional tech support and ideas on how to get your truck tuned and HP back and increased. We like to help guys make more power, not less....

Shop number (435)962-9555

Thanks,

Will

The delivery valves were stock 215hp pump ones and the timing was set at 20 degrees 8 months ago. I have pulled the afc housing back and the preboost one and it was running good and 2 days ago it boosted to about 45psi and blew a boot off. I have bought new boots yesterday and put them on today and the intercooler boots on the passenger side have oil in the them could this be left over from before I rebuilt the turbo or is it fresh as the oil smell is back? its a stage 2 afc live kit and it made no difference with switch up or down I have since unplugged it and running a straight line to it.

Unless I'm missing something here, what you are describing with the turbos attitude is spot on for a 12v with stock head and cam. Is there any reason you didn't want the new sxe turbo? Seems to me that would be the best route for what you're describing. I'm extremely happy with my 63mm turbo, and it's not even tapped out for air yet. Instead of throwing tons of air and fuel at it there's a better, albeit more time consuming route you should try. Port the head. Port the manifold and turbine housing. Ensure proper fuel supply. Go back to a smaller or stock delivery valve with those 5x16s. Run a decent but not excessive cam. Add some turbo and manifold blankets.Then throw on a 63 or 64.5 sxe and let her eat. You will be 10x happier with the results and make way more usable power than u currently have. Efficiency and proper parts combination trumps size unless you want all out perfomance and spend 100% of your time at full throttle.
My truck calculates to be around 450 hp and is a blast on the street. Haven't lost a challenge yet because it spools great off the line and also runs 99% smoke free 99% of the time. I have a goal of mod 500s and I can't see how any more power will benefit on the street. Sure you might win an all out drag race with days of brake boosting to spool and black out the nation just to be a second quicker but trust me, a second quicker on the quarter mile is not as much on the street as is seems on the track. Take the time to build a well oiled well calibrated well thought out synergetic machine. Everyone will be happier
rant off - just trying to help :thankyou2:

I appreciate the input I brought the truck into the shop last week and turns out I had a boost leak in the intercooler so I put a used one in and it seems to spool a little better. it still smokes when I shift but once im over 1500 rpm it is pretty smokeless as long as I keep me foot out of it. I just bought rims and tires last week for winter so don't have the funds to put on a new turbo or cam. I am interested in the new turbo in the future though could you post a link or something to the one you mentioned? Also im having the burning oil smell again could it be a oil leak or blow by from the tube?