opinions on build for 650 hp

fass makes a "125'?

Well it was originally a 95 on a 24v that I had. I called FASS and asked some ???'s and they said it could be run as is w/ my factory lift pump. I wanted to run it alone, so I sent it back and they cleaned it up and put a bigger motor on it. They said it was a 125 gph...It's loud, but I really don't hear it when I'm driving. It fuel's just fine, I have a softer spring in it now and only running about 35-40 psi. The spring FASS sent w/ it, would run 60 psi.

I am getting the timing done Monday at a local shop for a good price. so 20 degrees will be a good all around bump? thanks

Also do you guys think the fass 125 gph is enough for my goals probably going to put some bigger deliver valves in with my 5x 16 injectors

20* would be ok if you have tightened the stock head bolts or swapped to studs.
that 125 will probably be stretched out at a true 650hp to the wheels.

Also do you guys think the fass 125 gph is enough for my goals probably going to put some bigger deliver valves in with my 5x 16 injectors

Best thing is call FASS and ask, sure it's good to get info from forums...I honestly can't tell you that my pump would work for your 650, I just know that it's good for mine. You could go more on your timing, but again, it depends on what you want...

The truck got timed yesterday at the shop and im pretty happy with it seems to pull better up top now. The engine is louder also as it has a click sound to it now which is fine by me. I talked to the shop owner and they do a bunch of diesel performance stuff and they said the fass 125 would be enough for my goals. So ill probably be going with the 125 then.

You're fine with a new clicking sound? What timing?

Also, i still say just get the 150 or an aeromotive and stock filter system. You'll be pissed if you get that 125 on there and it doesn't do what you need, and you can't resell it for what you have into it.

The clicking sound is pretty faint its at 20 degrees now.i would get the 150 but fass doesnt make one in that size either 125 or 220 and i dont think im capable or have time ro make a fuel system with the a1000

I put a FASS 220 on my 96 with a Beans sump and dual feed along with a Torktek OFV060HP.

The clicking sound is pretty faint its at 20 degrees now.i would get the 150 but fass doesnt make one in that size either 125 or 220 and i dont think im capable or have time ro make a fuel system with the a1000

Depends on how pretty you want it I guess. LOL I just made a quick bracket plate that clamped to the frame like the airdog setup. I didn't know fass didn't make a 150 anymore. I thought I just saw some on cpp or pdp a couple weeks ago.

I put a FASS 220 on my 96 with a Beans sump and dual feed along with a Torktek OFV060HP.

I liked the torktek 060 with the raptor, but when I swapped in the a1000, I had to double the orifice size to keep pressure under 50psi. I highly recommend just getting a return regulator.

If I were to do the a1000 could you list the parts I would need to make it work and for the return line do you not use an ofv and just a regulator instead of the ofv? thanks

Hi guys I have enough money to do 1 of the following things im looking for the best bang for the buck and what would give the truck better performance and better spool to make it faster.1. pump benching with 5k gsk and maybe delivery valve upgrade and a fass 220gph lift pump. OR 2 cam upgrade I read on the forum this well help spool up? what size cam would you recommend and should I do any other engine stuff while im in there like push rods or tappets. Your input is appreciated thanks

Would pump benching make a good difference because the lag between shifts makes the truck feel slower when accelerating hard up until 1900 or so but its pretty slow under that rpm or would just a delivery valve upgrade do ? What im looking for is the turbo hit just 200 to 300 rpm sooner is this possible. Thanks again

This weekend I took my intake horn off to paint it and noticed oil in it and In the boost tubes is this normal or what does this mean could the turbo be leaking its only got maybe a 1000 miles on it? my turbo return line has been kinking slightly but still can flow but I have since ordered a new stainless steel one.

Sorry I missed these

If I were to do the a1000 could you list the parts I would need to make it work and for the return line do you not use an ofv and just a regulator instead of the ofv? thanks

I had to do a roadside swap from the raptor pump. I got adapter fittings to adapt the a1000 to the quick connect raptor fittings, taped the wiring together, and ziptied the whole setup to the frame. Worked great. I ended up fixing it all though. Rewired it, and built that proper bracket.

Whose regulator

Aeromotive makes nice ones. I finally let my jew side go for a minute so I could get it.

Sorry I missed these

I had to do a roadside swap from the raptor pump. I got adapter fittings to adapt the a1000 to the quick connect raptor fittings, taped the wiring together, and ziptied the whole setup to the frame. Worked great. I ended up fixing it all though. Rewired it, and built that proper bracket.

Aeromotive makes nice ones. I finally let my jew side go for a minute so I could get it.

You like the a1000 over the raptor? About to install the one I bought off you

You like the a1000 over the raptor? About to install the one I bought off you
It definitely flows a lot more. I had it on the shelf originally for the race truck but had to use it for the roadside repair, the new one that you bought off me didn't arrive in time. Since I already had it on the truck, I never bothered to throw the new Raptor on lol

Back