opinions on build for 650 hp

Hi guys I made an order today on a billet 66/74.91 turbo from manning motorsports and some 5x16 ducky fuel injectors. Looking forward to see how it runs. Thanks again for your input.

Should probably make sure it's more than just 'upgraded' because usually preventative care is a lot less expensive than 'fixative' care.

A dual disk is in order for 500+ hp. South bend and valair are both good clutches.

Ok is there a specific model or type you guys recommend as I see there is Kevlar, ceramic and organic types.

Call south bend clutch. They're good people and will definitely steer you in the right direction.

I am going to see how the clutch and tranny hold for now as im thinking of doing a 47re swap with a manual valve body and floor shifter.

I am going to see how the clutch and tranny hold for now as im thinking of doing a 47re swap with a manual valve body and floor shifter.

big sticks, an turbo on stock fuel system?
still stock push rods?
stock boots/clamps?
stock dv's?
stock timing?
upgraded input shaft for trans?

fuel system is stock for now probably in 2 weeks or so will either be getting a fass or aeromotive pump. boots and clamps have been replaced. delivery valves are stock for now probably just going to get my pump benched in a couple months so ill hold off buying delivery valves. timing I think is around 15 or 16 I don't know yet but will be bumping up to 20 to start. Im not sure about the input shaft.

I made 476hp and 11XXft/lbs with a little HX35/HT3B setup, a relatively well ported head, AD150, 5x.016's and a 230hp bus pump (which had a horrible cam for fuel output much above 2600rpm but it did give me a hell of a torque number). Truck had an NV4500 and a SBDD and was one of the most streetable trucks I've had. I loved it. Clean down low unless I completely flogged it from a dead stop.

How many high hp trucks have you ridden in because that little bastard was quick and I hadn't even broke 500hp.

I think some people under estimate how much power even 450-500hp is. Maybe not, idk. lol

I think some people under estimate how much power even 450-500hp is. Maybe not, idk. lol

For sure. My ppump 24v felt like a rocket ship and it was only 550 at the wheels. I can't imagine what my light little 2wd single cab will feel like with 500hp even.

450-500hp is a lot of fun and can be very reliable. I once dreamt of 700hp on the street. Then after getting into the 450-500 range I'm pretty happy with it. I wasted quite a bit of money trying to cut corners and learned the hard way..... I driven a few 650-700hp single turbo trucks on the street and it can quite the task to drive. You worry about smoke control and try to keep the bucking and surging down. You are constantly looking at your exhaust.

It's not as bad with the right set of twins, but it's mostly wasted as you can't utilize it all on the street.

It's not as bad with the right set of twins, but it's mostly wasted as you can't utilize it all on the street.
Oooooorrrr you could build a common rail. LOL. 800 hp on a single turbo can be "smoke free" and in this area at least isnt wasted on the street. There are plenty of supercharged mustangs and turboed imports in this area that have been shown what diesel power is all about.

I went with the bigger turbo as I didn't want to have to buy twice and twin turbos were out of my budget, but I defiantly agree with the 450hp trucks being fast as ive been in trucks with that kind of power. Just waiting on the parts to come now.

Oooooorrrr you could build a common rail. LOL. 800 hp on a single turbo can be "smoke free" and in this area at least isnt wasted on the street. There are plenty of supercharged mustangs and turboed imports in this area that have been shown what diesel power is all about.

Get outta here with that witchcraft! Go on get! LOL