Opinions Wanted

Truck turned out good and I like the color.

Gracias. As of now, the only thing left to do, to have it in 100% working order, is find a front driveshaft, rewire my high pressure switch, and charge the AC system. I need to have the driver and passenger seat reupholstered to match the rear and center console, but the seat covers are working for now. Then I'll start fabbing all the safety equipment necessary to participate in the pulls around here.

Sent from my paperweight

Just when I think everything is starting to fall into place and go right, both axle seals decided to let loose at the same time.... FML!!! Not an expensive fix, but damn I hate gear oil!!!:mad:
havu2abe.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

Awww man ...... well better now then later I suppose ..... while ur in the spirit of fixing everything ......LOL

Oh sh#$ ....... ummmm huston we have a problem !!!!!!!! .... for got to hook up tierod ends or did they break off ? ... almost looks like the wheel beaking may have come loose ....... damn ...... back to the paint booth ....FK ....... the seriously sucks ........

Oh sh#$ ....... ummmm huston we have a problem !!!!!!!! .... for got to hook up tierod ends or did they break off ? ... almost looks like the wheel beaking may have come loose ....... damn ...... back to the paint booth ....FK ....... the seriously sucks ........

Best I can figure is wheel bearing failure started it. They were split in half. Also broke the ears off the knuckle where the calipers bolt up, busted both tires, and busted a thumb sized hole in one of the wheels. Luckily it didn't tear up the fenders or mess up the paint badly. I have everything tore apart in the shop floor right now trying to inspect everything and determine the cause and extent of the damage. So far, I have to replace both knuckles, both wheel bearings, one wheel possibly both, possibly one rotor, both tires, and there's still some stuff left to check.

Sent from my paperweight

crap !!!! .. that sucks ..... sorry bout your luck ... wish we could all help... love working on someone else's stuff ... more fun for some reason .....

oh I know why ... not out of my pockets ... I already emptied them ...LOL

crap !!!! .. that sucks ..... sorry bout your luck ... wish we could all help... love working on someone else's stuff ... more fun for some reason .....

oh I know why ... not out of my pockets ... I already emptied them ...LOL

Haha I know what you mean. I ordered everything to fix it that day. Everything but the axle housing and gears will be new.

Sent from my paperweight

well keep ur chin up ol buddy .... its will drive like new real soon .... at least you were on a dirt road and not a major freeway like where I live ..... its all freeway's ....LOL

well keep ur chin up ol buddy .... its will drive like new real soon .... at least you were on a dirt road and not a major freeway like where I live ..... its all freeway's ....LOL

Thank you man. Yeah things would've gotten ugly real quick had I been on the highway or interstate running 60+. Even tho the whole situation sucks, I still feel like I got lucky with where it happened. I was only 75 yards from the driveway; so all I had to do was hook the tractor to the frond end, lift it off the ground, and drag it back lol.

Sent from my paperweight

Wow........ God was with u on that drive bro ....... being thankful is an understatement I'm sure ....LOL

Wow........ God was with u on that drive bro ....... being thankful is an understatement I'm sure ....LOL

I'm thankful and bummed at the same time lol. I got everything back together besides tires and wheels today. All I have to do is slap them on and tighten the axle shaft nuts and go for a ride.

Sent from my paperweight

Got everything back together today and took the truck for a 150 mile trip just to be sure it was all good.

Sent from my paperweight

That's great !!!!! Now .... no more breaking stuff dang it ...... unless u can afford to fix it of course ....LOL ....... like any of us really can afford to break anything

That's great !!!!! Now .... no more breaking stuff dang it ...... unless u can afford to fix it of course ....LOL ....... like any of us really can afford to break anything

Hell, I can barely afford to put fuel in it, much less break it haha.

Sent from my paperweight

Had some time to clean her up today. Got new Nitto Dura Grapplers put on, steering realigned, and doing some tuning now.
7urytaju.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

One hell of a job :clap:

Thank you. I'm just ready to have the driver and passenger seats reupholstered and get my u-joint shields and driveshaft loops installed. Then hopefully I'll be done for awhile. Or at least till it breaks lol

Sent from my paperweight

Time to soften up the suspension on that! Some Thuren 2" or Carli Hemi coils will have it riding like a Cadillac!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4