Opinions Wanted

Time to soften up the suspension on that! Some Thuren 2" or Carli Hemi coils will have it riding like a Cadillac!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I would like to get some Carli coils. It's not too terrible right now tho.

Sent from my paperweight

Just went through your build from start to end, very nice man! Gives me some motivation, picked up 97 number 2 last winter. Trans is out and getting gone through and starting with a big dual disk...then on to the goodies.

Just went through your build from start to end, very nice man! Gives me some motivation, picked up 97 number 2 last winter. Trans is out and getting gone through and starting with a big dual disk...then on to the goodies.

Thank you very much. In hindsight, I wish I had done things a little differently. I should have done it all one piece at a time lol

Sent from my paperweight

Thank you very much. In hindsight, I wish I had done things a little differently. I should have done it all one piece at a time lol

Sent from my paperweight

"One piece at a time" sounds so good in theory doesn't it?? :doh:

Hopefully I can get all the sled pulling safety equipment put on today.
Sent from my paperweight

Last edited:
Sweet take pictures!

Will do. Hopefully I can get around to it. Something strange is going on. I got on the highway earlier and was about to pass a car, and it felt like I hate lost a significant amount of power. Truck runs fine just feels much weaker than it should. I'm calling all the parts stores trying to find a filter that will work on the Airdog. I found the crossover numbers, but no one has the filters in stock.

Sent from my paperweight

Will do. Hopefully I can get around to it. Something strange is going on. I got on the highway earlier and was about to pass a car, and it felt like I hate lost a significant amount of power. Truck runs fine just feels much weaker than it should. I'm calling all the parts stores trying to find a filter that will work on the Airdog. I found the crossover numbers, but no one has the filters in stock.

Sent from my paperweight

Damn, Timing slip a little bit maybe?

Damn, Timing slip a little bit maybe?

Doesn't feel like it. Just feels like it's not getting enough fuel. I have been fueling up with some not so green diesel out of the farm tank.... Hopefully it's just a clogged filter. At the store now, and it's going to be Monday before they get any in. Sucks because there's a truck shootout at the local track tomorrow, and I was hoping to run the diesel class. There's rarely any really fast trucks in the street class. I was hoping to go win it lol

Sent from my paperweight

this thing must smoke like crazy? that's a lot of fuel

It's pretty smoky if you get on it, but I drive slow and don't get in a rush, so it's manageable. I'm about to go with some milder delivery valves and see if that helps. I'm probably going to put a plate in it for street driving as well.

I got lucky on the filter. Just called Shiver Diesel in Tifton, and they have the Airdog brand filters in stock. I'll probably do a trans fluid/filter swap, fuel filter swap, and put new U-Joints in both shafts today. I'll fool with the pulling equipment another day.

Sent from my paperweight

I just went from full cuts to 181s completely different truck. Went from coal roller to grandpa pulling camper lol

I just went from full cuts to 181s completely different truck. Went from coal roller to grandpa pulling camper lol

That's the effect I'm hoping for. I'm way over fueled even at 5000+ rpm. I'm hoping a set if 025s will cure that. I also hate the haze.

Sent from my paperweight

Yeah I like mpg also lol I need to get my afc tuned and a smaller primary would turn my truck around

Yeah I like mpg also lol I need to get my afc tuned and a smaller primary would turn my truck around

My mileage is terrible. 15.9 is the best I've gotten. And I drive like a grandpa lol. 4:10 gears, full cuts, a very loose converter, and a large single don't help much haha

Sent from my paperweight

Full cuts are awful. I didn't even care for the 191s I tried with my 469, and 7x.015s. Went to my 024s and was a whole new truck that actually spooled better and didn't smoke NEAR as much as even the 191s.

I was seeing between 16.0-16.7mpg, 2wd with 4:10 gears, loose converter, and the 469. Hand calculated, and I drive like a grandpa. My girlfriend HATES letting me drive. "cause we move at the speed of snail"

Well my damn oil pressure issue is back FML!!!! I was on the way over to Darren Morrison's shop to have him check out a minor transmission issue. The psi dropped to nothing while cruising down the highway. Pulled over and checked the oil and let it sit for a few seconds. Fired it up and at idle it said zero. Revved the engine and it slowly climbed. I was only 5 mins from his shop so I kept the engine around 2500rpm the rest of the way and it would barely maintain 40psi. I'm fixing to shove this phucker in a deep pond and call the insurance company.

Sent from my paperweight

Back