PCS TCU tune sharing for 48re

Bump for a good tcu tune...my email is etercnoc@AOL.com

Thanks, Lavon

I lost my good file I spent a few hrs on and after reprogramming it I can't get it to shift it out of first? If I manually ground the solenoids it shifts but so I know I must be missing something in the tune

I have not spoken to my father in law to see if he found the table. Anyone mind sharing a tune with us so we can see the differences that you have compared to his? :poke: Aron?

He does not want to build much power until he gets this trans working correctly. The basic rundown is an 03 1500, 95 12 valve, 48re with 2100 stall suncoast 3D, 3.91's and 305/22's. About 2k rpm at 70 for now. Thanks in advance, Chris.

Mallett2006@yahoo.com

Nice I will try that out. My brother has a built 47RE and that is the first thing he mention after he rode in it after the swap.

Is it possible to make the tranny shift from 3rd locked to 4th unlocked instead of 3rd locked to 3rd unlocked to 4th unlocked just that would be amazing.

I can make it go locked to locked but not change gears locked to unlocked.

as far as i can tell and what i've been able to do so far, if you have the PCS set to unlock during up shifts, it will unlock in the current gear..upshift then lock again. it would be nice if there was a way to get the PCS to command unlock and the upshift at the same time so you wouldn't have the rpm climb before the upshift.

in my dd tune i have the converter lock in 3rd and stay locked during the 3-4 upshift. but for my towing tune (which i'm still need to adjust a bit) i have it unlock during up and down shifts. i'm going to start adjusting the lock up in each gear for the towing tune...i've noticed w/ my setup that if i'm under mild accleration, that when the converter locks in 4th i'll get some nice turbo bark/surge. its amazing how muchtweaking and adjusting can be done w/ the PCS.

Nice I will try that out. My brother has a built 47RE and that is the first thing he mention after he rode in it after the swap.

Is it possible to make the tranny shift from 3rd locked to 4th unlocked instead of 3rd locked to 3rd unlocked to 4th unlocked just that would be amazing.

I can make it go locked to locked but not change gears locked to unlocked.

as far as i can tell and what i've been able to do so far, if you have the PCS set to unlock during up shifts, it will unlock in the current gear..upshift then lock again. it would be nice if there was a way to get the PCS to command unlock and the upshift at the same time so you wouldn't have the rpm climb before the upshift.

in my dd tune i have the converter lock in 3rd and stay locked during the 3-4 upshift. but for my towing tune (which i'm still need to adjust a bit) i have it unlock during up and down shifts. i'm going to start adjusting the lock up in each gear for the towing tune...i've noticed w/ my setup that if i'm under mild accleration, that when the converter locks in 4th i'll get some nice turbo bark/surge. its amazing how muchtweaking and adjusting can be done w/ the PCS.

Just gots some internet set up at the new place

I would almost chop off a finger to go 3rd locked to 4th unlocked.

This weekend I intend on playing with some new tunes as well as quickening the shift periods under advanced solenoid output.

Is there anyway to load files onto this thread?

Just quickened up my shift periods from 1.0 to 0.1 and what a difference so much faster.

Going to play with lockup pressure going into 4th gear now for a daily drive tune and soften it up a bit. Cal B will be the play around/ race tune that I flip a momentary contact switch for, this will have lockup starting in 2nd and higher lockup pressure.

Any suggestions for a race tune?

Thanks! I found it. TCC pressure control A

Mine was set at 50% starting, and 100% ending. I'll play with it at the track tomorrow, and let you know if it makes a diff on mine. I have a vid of mine from behind the truck on the line, and it looks like I'm shifting a manual on the launch. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Aaron,

That is not the table Malcolm was talking about :poke:

This is it...

2290533500033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

It determines the time the TCU will allow before it makes a shift from one gear to another.

For the track, you can lower the time.

For the street guys, you will need to watch lowering it to much because the tranny will start to gear hunt if the conditions are right.

The TCC pressure control controls how the Torque converter locks. I have mine set to lock instantly and unlock slowly.

2470833040033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Greg! I really should just get off my butt and bring the truck up there and spend some time with ya at the track! I can play with the tuning enough to get by, but ever time I turn around I'm learning something new:bow:

Aron

if the solenoid gets set too low in could have a slight bindup going into gear as well. or if its too late it could have a flare on the shifts. lots of tweaking that can be done for sure.

Thanks Greg! I really should just get off my butt and bring the truck up there and spend some time with ya at the track! I can play with the tuning enough to get by, but ever time I turn around I'm learning something new:bow:

Aron

Aron,

Anytime!! The track is open wed and friday evenings (although friday's are a zoo!!) saturdays and sundays.

Oh, and a hint to help understand tables when you are in them. Whenever you have a box/window/table open, hit F1. It brings up a help description for that box.

The TCC pressure control controls how the Torque converter locks. I have mine set to lock instantly and unlock slowly.

2470833040033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

With the Torque converter unlocking slower would that help lessen the jump in rpm's on tune that does not make locked to locked shifts?

3rd locked to 3rd unlocked under heavy throttle the rpm's jump 400 rpm or so with the tune I am currently using.

With the Torque converter unlocking slower would that help lessen the jump in rpm's on tune that does not make locked to locked shifts?

3rd locked to 3rd unlocked under heavy throttle the rpm's jump 400 rpm or so with the tune I am currently using.
Yes it would.

You can barely notice the tc unlocking on the downshift on mine.

And by the way, anybody not unlocking the tc on a downshift is asking for eventual broken shafts regardless of what "super whamy" shafts you think you have! Especially in a high hp application. For clarification...I have STOCK shafts in my tranny;)

Open sesame.

Thanks!

So I've been chasing a ghost for a little while. My dads 05 has absolutely no lockup. The TCC light comes on like its being commanded in 3rd and 4th but it never locks. What I want to see is someone's tune, anybody's I dont care If its for race or for big twinsets just want to see how your lockup tables look compared to mine. I think it's a tuning issue but its been slow working it out. I would appreciate any help or insight into this lockup problem.

It's a ATS select shift standalone setup.

john_deere_95eb@hotmail.com

Spence, you may want to see if you are getting pressure changes @ lockup. My 05 lost lockup, I changed a solenoid and nothing helped. Ended up being the converter. I know I am speaking factory vs. standalone, but throwing that out there.

Spence, you may want to see if you are getting pressure changes @ lockup. My 05 lost lockup, I changed a solenoid and nothing helped. Ended up being the converter. I know I am speaking factory vs. standalone, but throwing that out there.

The converter is good, rebuilt ATS triple disk from Phil Taylor.

We bought our standalone used, so I have been leaning towards a solenoid more.

Ok, just throwing that out there. It was strange to see mine do that, but after I had a pressure change when at the cooler when it should have locked, that confirmed it for me. We had a bad VB on the first standalone unit we tried to tune. After it toasted clutches, we saw the crack when it was pulled apart. Back to ATS it went under warranty.

Ok, just throwing that out there. It was strange to see mine do that, but after I had a pressure change when at the cooler when it should have locked, that confirmed it for me. We had a bad VB on the first standalone unit we tried to tune. After it toasted clutches, we saw the crack when it was pulled apart. Back to ATS it went under warranty.

Thanks for the replies, also, we have a weird flare shift that I had tuned out via line pressure, right now it doesn't progressively get higher it goes to 20 duty cycles and that's what it stays at across the board after 50% TPS input. Anything under 15 duty cycles will make it flare.

Any ideas? Already tried quickening the shifts like mentioned earlier in this thread by Malcom.

nice post boys im bout to start into this pcs hopefully you guys got it all figured out for us *bdh* :lolly:

We could try tighter but right now it's at 1.5 back off turns and I feel like that's as tight as it should be.