phat bastard

We use Phat Bastards as our bottom turbos with K31 Turbos as the top

Now this I do like mainly because of the T-4 Flange size but that is not saying a Silver Bullet wouldn't work either.......both would have to have a big external gate........or two!

So an HC5A and HX-82 are both a tad bigger......hum!

Jim

yeah no problem. is the Phat Bastard the biggest turbo out there or are there bigger?

WOW thats crazy those are some big turbos i would like to get my hands one something like the pb just to see what it will do. in someone elses truck of course. mainly cause i only have a vp

I picked up a Hx-82 recently and you guys are right it's no lightweight.

100_2454.jpg

Justin

S5100. 100mm Never looked so good:hehe:

ha ha its amazing what a S510 with a little ole 62 on top will do. :evil it has been said in this thread that a 66 is almost to small, well i saw a 62 on top with my own eyes and saw the outcome. :clap:

The 62 or 66 compressor wasnt the focus on being too small it was the T3 side of things being a potential restriction. It wasnt implied that it wouldnt work or hasnt been done and it will probably be done again. The comments referred to opening up the secondary's turbine side to manage the drive you would find with an S500 series charger.

I wouldnt imagine the set up your speaking of has a small a/r housing, small turbine wheel and no external gate on the secondary.

Youve seen the outcome and know the set up, talk about it. What kind of drive? What kind of total boost? Primary boost?, drive between the chargers? Secondary set up (wheel, housing, gate)?

that charger can be run as a single! that is very similar to what is on the motor in disturbed's truck, actually a little smaller. the charger on his is obviously built but if you have enough internal work done you should be able to run it single!!! twins should be outlawed until you cant light either of the chargers solo!!!:hehe:

The 62 or 66 compressor wasnt the focus on being too small it was the T3 side of things being a potential restriction. It wasnt implied that it wouldnt work or hasnt been done and it will probably be done again. The comments referred to opening up the secondary's turbine side to manage the drive you would find with an S500 series charger.

I wouldnt imagine the set up your speaking of has a small a/r housing, small turbine wheel and no external gate on the secondary.

Youve seen the outcome and know the set up, talk about it. What kind of drive? What kind of total boost? Primary boost?, drive between the chargers? Secondary set up (wheel, housing, gate)?
the boost was not as high as one might think with a setup like that or primary that large. made big big numbers and i will let the cat out of the bag probably later today as bigger numbers are going to happen with the truck today. yes, small housing, small wheel and really small exhuast housing on the 62. both chargers have external gates i believe.

ha ha its amazing what a S510 with a little ole 62 on top will do. :evil it has been said in this thread that a 66 is almost to small, well i saw a 62 on top with my own eyes and saw the outcome. :clap:

And what an outcome it was my friend! Small turbo over huge turbo = holy Sh!t that acutally worked! Really well actually:rockwoot:

the boost was not as high as one might think with a setup like that or primary that large. made big big numbers and i will let the cat out of the bag probably later today as bigger numbers are going to happen with the truck today. yes, small housing, small wheel and really small exhuast housing on the 62. both chargers have external gates i believe.

Yes to large gates on both turbos. Very small exhaust housing on the 62. Run em tight gate em big!

And what an outcome it was my friend! Small turbo over huge turbo = holy Sh!t that acutally worked! Really well actually:rockwoot:
i will let erick post the numbers later if he likes, its his truck lol. but no sense posting them when they are going to get WAY higher today with a few mods.

i will let erick post the numbers later if he likes, its his truck lol. but no sense posting them when they are going to get WAY higher today with a few mods.

Ericks truck is impressive to say the least. Your truck is going to be a beast! Nice meeting you yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a new pump.

Ericks truck is impressive to say the least. Your truck is going to be a beast! Nice meeting you yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a new pump.

ha ha thanks alot. it was a pleasure to meet you as well. lookin forward to having a special 7up agian today lol. yeah ericks truck is pretty impressive to say the least. and yes my truck is going to be a beast, just gotta start savin for traction problems lol. going to go to a ladder bar coilover setup but that wont be for a couple of months. hope to see ya over there again this week and very very nice truck you have as well. also put down some killer numbers for a single stock pump

The S510 flows 154lbs/min. IMHO, I would use the GT55. Spools ALOT faster and flows the same amount of air with a smaller 91mm wheel, and is much easier to package.