phat bastard

Comparing turbine wheel to turbine wheel...they posted Garrett turbines suck.
Yes, but you have to put up with inefficient turbine wheel and housing design with the Garrett. Give me a BW wheel any day
But yes 95mm garrett vs 96mm BW,BP was 6 pounds less at 46psi boost with Garrett turbine.
I don't know of any other way to put this: Garrett wheels are lousy performers when compared directly to a BW wheel in a diesel application. They spool slower and the EGT is higher, both before it spools and after.

Last edited:
The Borgs seem to handle the heat best also. I know several TN guys that burnt the tips off of the wheels.

Garretts have the same disease:
melted4.jpg

Weston are you sure you want to jump in with Dan, Brandon, Glenn and I.....we were already told we were crazy. Now you might be crazy too.

Erick Brown

2003 Dodge Dual cp3s, Smarty, EZ, TST, Flux 5s, USB turbo over S510, TurboSmart 50mm & 48mm Wastegates, Bell water-to-air & Spearco air-to-air intercooler, ZZ Customs, ported head, Billet rods, Goerend, ARP 625 studs, Fluidamper, HP Airdog 150

thats his sig, he is Rebs brother. i am not going to post numbers i will let him do that. not going to post numbers yet as the tunning session just started. more to come today.

PIUS is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the heck is a usb turbo??

A Pius Bell turbo!

Well from that post of the signature I think the air thing is covered......what is the air temp at the intake at full boost and RPM, that will tell more than any other thing on the combo.

Jim