Ported Exhaust Manifold

Yea heres my old turbo ,i didnt port the ss housing cause it looked pretty good!

porting005.jpg

if the stainless one isn't ported larger than the gasket you used to port the manifold, you have a step that the exhaust gas is running into :eek:

this is why you don't gasket match two items unless they're doweled/indexed perfectly to eachother.

port the turbo to the gasket, port the manifold smaller than the gasket

^^^ Those are hx-35 housings the one on left is to show a before and after comparison, but i know what u r talkin about. Ill be gettin my new ss housing from htt soon than see what needs to be done.

Actually, the divider is knife-edged... hard to get a radius on one of those.

Are you guys just porting the openings on the manifold or down the runner. Cause im working on mine but can only get in a couple inches with the grinder.

The openings and as far down the runner as I could get. My burrs were only 3-4" long and I was using a drill so I couldn't get very deep. If someone had some 5-6" long burrs they could do a very nice job on these manifolds.

Has anyone done just the porting to the exhaust manifold and the exhaust housing on the turbo without doing any other mods at the same time? I have a highly modded 06' and that would be my only point of restriction. I have an aftermarket intercooler, 3.5" hoses from the intercooler to the intake horn, the head is about as ported and polished as you can get it. I'm gonna pay close attention to egt's, max boost, spool up etc for week or 2 and then take it apart and port those items and see if it makes any changes...

what???????? I'm talking down right scare the chit out of some people!! But ok