Post your Badazz 160 pump timeslips...

Im hoping to make it to the drag strip next friday. Hopefully i can break into the 12s with the dually:rockwoot:

BTW, what are all the ratios for the 47re trans? I know OD is .69, and 3rd is 1.0, what are 1st and 2nd? How about low range in the transfer case?

How many out there have ran fast with a stock head, 160 pump that has never been off, stock cam that has never been advanced or retarded and stock bottom end with a single turbo?

Last edited:
Im hoping to make it to the drag strip next friday. Hopefully i can break into the 12s with the dually:rockwoot:

A 160 dually in the 12's would be a first, Ill bet.

My motor is completely original, except for an O ring'd head. Stock head bolts. Turbonetics T-66 single, & yes, 3:54 gears. Jeff Garmon tuned the original pump, on the engine, it has stock delivery valves, & will average over 24mpg w/ the A/C on.
Voodoo's 126mph calculates over 750 wheel HP assuming his weight is similar to mine. Thats over 100 more than mine has....& mine is almost scary to drive at WOT on street tires. I can only imagine what his is like when the spray hits!!!!!

My motor is completely original, except for an O ring'd head. Stock head bolts. Turbonetics T-66 single, & yes, 3:54 gears. Jeff Garmon tuned the original pump, on the engine, it has stock delivery valves, & will average over 24mpg w/ the A/C on.
Voodoo's 126mph calculates over 750 wheel HP assuming his weight is similar to mine. Thats over 100 more than mine has....& mine is almost scary to drive at WOT on street tires. I can only imagine what his is like when the spray hits!!!!!

My cylinder head, gasket, and head bolts are the orginal 13 year old parts that came with the truck all I have done is retorque the head (tights good too tights broken method). I did the titanium retainers and harden keepers after I noticed the stock retainers had slipped there way up the keepers .090. Bottom end has never been touched. Cam timing is stock. I did tack weld the cam gear after I found it had walked half way off the cam:eek:
The turbo and injection pump have been changed.
I'm building another motor but want to see how far I can go with this motor.

I think my truck has it in it. Last time i ran it at the strip it ran a 13.5. That was with my 180 pump, stock lift pump, sled puller 68/65/14, and it felt like it was about 100 degrees that day. I know it runs a whole lot better now than it did back then. Hopefully i'll have a timeslip and a video after friday:cheer:

Voodoo trucker is prob. closer to 800 HP on the bottle, as his MPH was actually 128! & it's a daily driver too, but he's also running a 13mm injection pump! (that explains the large black cloud following him at 128mph!)
Who else out there is still running the original 160 pump ???
Post your numbers here, time slip or not.

94 2wd dodge 1.78 60's 11.23 @ 124, twins, Stock 370's.washer fluid inj. 200k miles. Friends truck, I was just the pillot.

After a reminder from Matt...My lame 12.02 @113 with a single, fuel only, two years ago. Ran at TS and only got 12.30's. Issues resolved, upgrades made, power found. I was @ 620 hp before with some lame 60' and laying down on the big end. Not now!! I need to get back to the track, but it will be hard to run that truck, the race truck is more fun!!

Phil, I can step up and drive Red in QD for Team Taylor if you want to focus on driving Super Red. LOL

Back