Power Service Funny Car Headed to Pomona

good deal we will see some of you guys out there . the following week we will be in Tulare ca. with car on display for the world ag expo if anybody is out there , stop by

My dad will be there at the AgBag booth, I told him to go over and say hi to you. He sent me pictures of the car last year and got a shirt a couple of years ago. Hope to be there next year to see it person

very good , have him get there sooner than later & we will get you hooked up with goodies

image_zps038a91f7.jpg

image_zps2010a533.jpg

image_zpse3ad7066.jpg

Went to the World Ag Expo to see Johns car, felt like a 5year old on Christmas Day. John is one of the coolest guys I've talked to about diesels, answered all kinds of questions and gave insight as to whats going on and how to staged this 2500+ hp monster at the line. Some of the most trick **** I've ever seen to control that dinosaur. Power service crew is top notch :clap:

[ame]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/somedude6489/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.77D47188-FC3B-403D-BF07-8D8E80218199_zpsipvv8mcj.mp4[/ame]

Is that a BOV on the cold pipe there? What's the idea of having it there?

talked to him yesterday about it with dieselhead. its a wastegate, vents boost while keeping the chargers basically lit the entire time.

Is that a BOV on the cold pipe there? What's the idea of having it there?

He has an onboard air pump and an ams 1000 boost controller, he can basically apply or reduce 2500+ hp when he wants.

It's simple keep exhaust energy constant, bleed off primary boost, bring the engine up to 5k with the pneumatic throttle stop, start slipping the clutch, ramp up boost with control at your fingertips, drop the hand brake, and let er' rip!

Last edited:
The wastegate on the interstage charge air pipe vents to atmosphere. It basically makes a boost leak so the big charger can more fully light (reach higher RPM than it otherwise would), launch boost can be easily controlled via wastegate/controlled boost leak tuning, and power can be controlled or limited via the controller for changing track conditions with most likely a ramped up boost profile that applies more power via more interstage boost as the car travels further down the track.

It's simple yet sophisticated at the same time, I love it!!!

The wastegate on the interstage charge air pipe vents to atmosphere. It basically makes a boost leak so the big charger can more fully light (reach higher RPM than it otherwise would), launch boost can be easily controlled via wastegate/controlled boost leak tuning, and power can be controlled or limited via the controller for changing track conditions with most likely a ramped up boost profile that applies more power via more interstage boost as the car travels further down the track.

It's simple yet sophisticated at the same time, I love it!!!

Exactly.

Unfortunately he won't be making it to Bakersfield i really wanted to see it running down the track in person at the nhrda opener.