Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

Heck yeah! It was a good time! Goos luck to your friend Tim too! You must have been pretty consistent to make it to the winners circle! Comgratulations!

Heck yeah! It was a good time! Goos luck to your friend Tim too! You must have been pretty consistent to make it to the winners circle! Comgratulations!

Thank you! We had a blast, that was the 1st race for the truck, it felt awesome to take home the win. The tower said the margin of victory on my pass in the finals was 2 thousands of a second! It was a great race.

At this point it might be easy and very beneficial to set the engine back.

Chrysler many years ago proved that it was more beneficial to leave the engine in the original mounting place than to move it rearward.They also found back then that altering the rear wheelbase forward provided much better weight transfer.There is nothing gained by going back with the motor in weight transfer.

P.S.-Nice truck!!!!

In a 2wd application I fully agree with moving the engine rearward for better weight transfer. But, in a 4wd application like mine, I 100% disagree with moving the engine. For a 4wd to work properly you need to keep the front end down to keep the left front tire planted. These engines weigh between 1100-1200lbs depending on turbo(s) and if you look at factory engine mounts in both 1st and 2nd gens the very middle of the engine is centered directly over the front axle, can't get any better then that for keep the weight on top of the axle where it needs to be.

You all inspired me to get back on the ball with mine. I am going to finish mounting my shifter and doing the all the wiring.

In a 2wd application I fully agree with moving the engine rearward for better weight transfer. But, in a 4wd application like mine, I 100% disagree with moving the engine. For a 4wd to work properly you need to keep the front end down to keep the left front tire planted. These engines weigh between 1100-1200lbs depending on turbo(s) and if you look at factory engine mounts in both 1st and 2nd gens the very middle of the engine is centered directly over the front axle, can't get any better then that for keep the weight on top of the axle where it needs to be.

Limiting suspension travel will keep the front end down. Keeping the weight bias as close as you can to 50/50 will be the ticket to making anything 4wd work out. Wouldn't it defeat the purpose for every truck out there moving weight to the rear and not leaving it in the middle or even moving everything forward? This is Drag racing not sled pulling.

There are just too many 4wd trucks out there that don't move the engine back and they go faster then I ever will. I've actually never seen a 4wd truck to my knowledge that the engine has been moved rearward.

There are just too many 4wd trucks out there that don't move the engine back and they go faster then I ever will. I've actually never seen a 4wd truck to my knowledge that the engine has been moved rearward.

Because the rules dont allow it. Or else i would of and i would of back halfed my frame and much more haha

I haven't posted any progress latley for I was helping a friend get his truck ready for TS a second time... Well now that the event has passed I finally get to start back on the truck again. I bolted my new transfer case up and am almost ready to build my transmission crossmember. I want to go a little lower in the front so I'm going to do that 1st and then make sure I like all my driveshaft angles before I finalize the transmission crossmember. In the mist if the TS thrash this bad boy finally came in for me
se3ypa9a.jpg
usyveqam.jpg
jeheta9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts are arriving and I'm getting ready to build my new front suspension. I decided to go 4 link up front for with turning and the attempt of street driving I felt the need for articulation that a ladder bar set up will not give. It will take some time to tune it in but I think it is the best route. I ended up with chassis engineering heavy duty 4 link brackets and ruff stuff specialties 7/8 x 3/4 chromoly heim joints and 1 1/2" inside diameter piping sleeves. Today I got the ride height set up how I wanted and then took lots of measurements making sure the front axle was properly placed. It was jigged along with the frame to desired ride height. Tomorrow I will begin building the new suspension
u9etadut.jpg
su3y4u6a.jpg
e9apy7yz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how the piping to the turbo is going to work with it in passenger seat. Should be a neat setup.

Back