Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

I spent all my evenings after work last week building my new front 4 link set up. It's not done yet but far enough along that I figured I could share some pictures. Still waiting on parts for my track bar to come in and for strange to ship my shocks (which go out tomorrow). Here's a few pics from start to where I am currently.
usegytem.jpg
amyjuzag.jpg
azy9ame5.jpg
yzaduqej.jpg
4e3uzuza.jpg
zu8e9ude.jpg
udypusen.jpg
eza9a8ur.jpg
6urevame.jpg
sa8ebequ.jpg
aqa6yheh.jpg
a4ese5ep.jpg
ysazu2ug.jpg
rehu7u6y.jpg
3y9upupe.jpg
ygu3ynu7.jpg
ebega8az.jpg
nyme4uqa.jpg
All Tig and Mig welding was done by Tim Wright. The link bars were polished before Tim tigged them and then taken straight to the powder coater to be powder cleared. I really like the discolored welds on polished piping look after having these done and plan to do more pieces this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.polybushings.com/pages/2710.html
These cured my broken engine mount problem. They make the cab vibrate a little more but worth it in my opinion. He also makes transmission mounts but for a 1st gen. I would assume you could make one of his mounts work for your setup.

Great build! What are the plans for the rear suspension?

Almost there. Need to make some gusets for the shock mount tabs and a few other odd and ends including building the track bar and having Tim weld everything else up but it's close
yjadeha9.jpg
7epu6u7a.jpg
5yru5aju.jpg
ehepy7a7.jpg
9u4e4eju.jpg
e4avuveg.jpg
ry5uvyse.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How'd you figure spring rate needed? Are those QA1 shocks?

They are Strange Single adjustables, we decided to go w a 300lb spring to start out and see how that does most drag cars are running 100-150lb springs so we figured we'd need twice as much to supper the weight of the engine.

Very cool.
Are the front link mounts going to get more bracing?

Very cool.
Are the front link mounts going to get more bracing?

Yea the frame mount ones are going to tie into my roll cage mounts on the frame so there's no chance of twisting. The tube you can't really see in the pictures on the frame link bracket goes into the frame rail and is welded up on the frame and plated to the frame on the inside maligning it a box frame in that area. The bars running between the link brackets help tie them together too

When I SAS my dakota and put the 12v in it. I went with 600 lb springs. If I had to guess you will prob be close to that. Which I do have a full interior vehicle.

When I SAS my dakota and put the 12v in it. I went with 600 lb springs. If I had to guess you will prob be close to that. Which I do have a full interior vehicle.

These 300s w the shocks adjusted are pretty stiff I was told 350lb springs were the most you can get for a coil over style shock. These are racing shocks not sure if you might have an off-road style coil over set up. Truck should be right at 5000lbs race weight

These 300s w the shocks adjusted are pretty stiff I was told 350lb springs were the most you can get for a coil over style shock. These are racing shocks not sure if you might have an off-road style coil over set up. Truck should be right at 5000lbs race weight

Cool build, looks awesome.

I'm running 900lb springs on the front of my race truck with a duramax. QA-1 double adjustable race shock, FYI.