Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

Cool build, looks awesome.

I'm running 900lb springs on the front of my race truck with a duramax. QA-1 double adjustable race shock, FYI.

Thanks rob, in your supper street truck? Is that a QA1 specific coil or is it your standard coil that will fit on my strange shocks

Most springs go off size. Most are a 2.5" OD spring. Offroad springs usually get into 3". How much travel do your coilovers have? What kind of weight ratio do think the truck will have 70/30?

No mine are shorty's, standard coils but think they are 10". I'm not a spring expert, the longer the spring may not need as much spring pressure.

And I assume your running that much pressure because of the IFS only having tortion bars to hold it up and keep the bouncy bouncy to a Zero

If Rob is running coilovers on the front, then he's probably removed the torsion bars and crossmember. Saves quite a bit of weight.

Your build is very nice. Keep up the good work!

Finally got my pistons in on Friday, been waiting on these things to be made since I first talked to Brian at Wiseco in February. These are Weston's design and feature a lot of cool things. They are the 1st forged piston for us that have hardened ring lands. They have added an extra oil pin in the wiper ring to better oil the wrist pin. They also have 2 flat spots machined into the wrist pin bore to allow better oiling in effort to prolong the life of the wrist pin and bushing on the rod. A lot of guys running other piston brands have had issues wearing out wrist pin bushings in the rods even with as little as 1 season worth of run time. All these Wiseco pistons come just as you see them here with the Teflon coating on the skirts, the flycuts (to your spec) and they opened and tapered bowls. If anyone is interested in a set it's cheaper and easier to contact Weston directly. I'm excited to see how these things do.
unumahyd.jpg
avenude8.jpg
e5y2yveb.jpg
eturadud.jpg
hamumamy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to love Wiseco pistons in my dirtbikes back in the day!!!

Hopefully they perform to your expectations.

I want!! Still not recommended for street use?

Brian at Wiseco says they are streetable, he's actually looking for someone to buy them and put 50k miles a year on them and update him on how they do. I'm going to street cruise them a little and see how they hold up.

That's good to hear. I think I should call him. Nice build btw, I love first gens.

Very nice pieces, may I ask what those set u back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Those wheels are killer!! It's going to be sick when your all done, can't wait to see it!!