Project DeRanged truck progress

I have felt good before, and had it bite me in the ass. I won't feel good till its sitting on the track about to do a big nasty burn out. Its heading up to Trusted performance to get the twins installed Thursday. I can't wait after seeing the pictures of their twins released earlier.

Spent much of the day rewiring the relay panel, closing in the firewall where the AC and Heater box used to live, Filled the engine with oil and wiring. (I hate wiring).

Deranged_018_Small_.jpg

Looks good. What is the opening above the sheet metal that you added to the firewall? If it passes down through vents into the cab, you'll have to block it with sheet metal too. The NHRA tech guys are now interpreting the firewall requirement to include blocking ANY path for gases to go from the engine compartment into the interior. I spent many hours on my street/strip Vega blocking off the cowl ducting into the interior.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Looks good. What is the opening above the sheet metal that you added to the firewall? If it passes down through vents into the cab, you'll have to block it with sheet metal too. The NHRA tech guys are now interpreting the firewall requirement to include blocking ANY path for gases to go from the engine compartment into the interior. I spent many hours on my street/strip Vega blocking off the cowl ducting into the interior.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thamks Michael, that is where the original 6 cylinder PCM was. It sealed.

Awesome day today. Did some more wiring, got the power steering resevoir mounted, and the starter in. Then I had to atleast try it out, and sure enough, turns over just fine. It was great to hear the life come back into it after so long. No fuel lines in it yet, and I still have to wire up the FICM, so its not quite ready to start. It is on a trailer on its way to Trusted Performance to get the turbos mounted. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::tree:

Deranged_020_Small_.jpg

Deranged_021_Small_.jpg

Deranged_022_Small_.jpg

Deranged_023_Small_.jpg

Deranged_024_Small_.jpg

Deranged_025_Small_.jpg

Id let you mike but youve only been on high altitude tracks and what 4 times total?

Id let you mike but youve only been on high altitude tracks and what 4 times total?
4 times faster than what that heap is going to go on it's first 4 passes that is if it will even start and doesn't blow up the first time you put the peddle half way down lol

Yip your right, because when you get to this level, you have shakedown passes. It will be a while before it goes down a track full length. You gonna bring your heap to TS?

Wanted to say thanks to Lonni, (SP?) Beast 6.0 for taking the truck up to Trusted tonight. Good to meet ya, and thanks.

Deranged_001.jpg

I can't wait after seeing the pictures of their twins released earlier.

Yeah, yours will look a little different than these
Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

I believe we will start working on your setup Monday. I will try and post some pics as we go.

Back