Project DeRanged truck progress

Deranged_0309_006_Small_.jpg

Deranged_0309_007_Small_.jpg

Tim.....thats a step up from Gardening....just kidding looks sweet and cant wait to see it at Ts

I know what you mean. I just got the final parts that Ive been waiting for. I will be busting to get mine done for TS myself

Thanks guys, were working on a few things to help get it ready for TS. That is still the goal. Its a big goal, but its a big deal to me as well.

Isn't this supposed to be fun? LOL It just fights ya to the end. I never imagined 20 months to get a motor built. Then of course I get it just before I need it. I'm doing my best to get it to TS running. Lots of work to do between now and then, but unfortunately, I am in Atlanta till Sat, then home for 4 days, then gone for 5 more, then?????? If anyone has the ability to roll back time for a few days and/or about $25,000 that will help tremendously. LOL :doh:
I know how you feel- keep on keeping on! These things take an insane amount of time. I PM'd you some motivation- I hope it helps! LOL

Serious question, so don't laugh. I noticed you still have the front license plate on deranged. Are you trying to keep it street legal?

I know how you feel- keep on keeping on! These things take an insane amount of time. I PM'd you some motivation- I hope it helps! LOL

That was good motivation. Looks wicked. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm not too far behind ya.

dang tim that thing looks sweet as hell can't wait to see it at TS i'll keep my fingers crossed about hearing it run and make a pass.

It's looking awesome Tim! All those little things that need made or customized and all the little pieces that turn into extra $$$ to scrounge up definitely makes these builds drag on. Like mentioned, keep on keeping on! It is looking great!

It's looking awesome Tim! All those little things that need made or customized and all the little pieces that turn into extra $$$ to scrounge up definitely makes these builds drag on. Like mentioned, keep on keeping on! It is looking great!

Got any updates on your project? :poke: :D

Funny you should ask Danny, LOL

Had to change out the rocker box covers due to a mistake on my part, (04 HPOP, using 05 rails needs 05 rocker boxes, :doh:), and the good folks at ARP sent me out a brand spankin new set of ARP's with their new ARP lube.

Head_studs_1.jpg

Head_studs_3.jpg

Head_studs_245.jpg

Head_studs_2.jpg

Head_studs.jpg

Also today, got the tranny ready to drop in, and A bunch of wiring done.
Deranged_020.jpg

Deranged_019.jpg

Deranged_018.jpg

Had to go a different route with the brakes, the one I had will not fit with the motor in there. Looks like manual brakes.

it's amazing that you can even get it done in there...every time i see a Ranger on the street, i think about WTF it is you've built...that's gonna be a crazy ride!!!! :rockwoot:

Back