Project DeRanged truck progress

We made some more progress but we found out it wasn't a UPS problem. My supplier actually didn't ship the flanges we needed to complete the final charge air line.

So, we had everything sent overnight and will have it later today. So, I will more than likely post photos Wednesday because we will be working late trying to get everything done for Tim. Since he is getting it back Wednesday.

Is it just me, or is that thing going to need some serious hood surgery?

Being that the intake manifold basically just misses the hood and we are using a 3" mandrel bent tube on a 4" radius, yes the front part of the hood will need to have a pretty good loop, hole, knock out, what have you made to clear it.

If the engine was back further and the firewall was moved, we would be able to clear the hood, but the way she sits, there is just no way. The intake elbow by itself would have needed a good size cut out to clear it. Big engine, small area, isn’t a good recipe.

One thing to remember when you are looking at the photos, there isn't an alternator on the top of the intake. So, the piping and everything looks a little larger than it really is.

Ok, we managed to make a little more progress yesterday. The plan is for Tim to get the ranger today, we will finish welding everything up and coating everything. Then re-install it before TS.

This way Tim can finish the rest of the truck.

Here is the start of the Charge Air Tubing Between the two chargers.

DeRanged_16.jpg

DeRanged_14.jpg

DeRanged_15.jpg

DeRanged_13.jpg

DeRanged_12.jpg

One thing to remember when you are looking at the photos, there isn't an alternator on the top of the intake. So, the piping and everything looks a little larger than it really is.

Where is the Alternator?

I am in love with that twin set up!
I'll be cutting the hole in my hood tomorrow- trusted, you free this weekend :hehe:

Very nice work guys. I can see why Tim is pumped about getting this back! Cant wait to see it all finished up. What color are you finishing the pipes with? Silver, gray, black? Again nice work guys!

Back