Project DeRanged truck progress

See Tim, now after you take the Ranger down the track the first time you can probably use the same excuse: "It's just mud." LOL

I never thought of that Danny, thanks. Your probably closer to the truth than you think. LOL

I never thought of that Danny, thanks. Your probably closer to the truth than you think. LOL

LOL maybe the members of CompD should take up stock in the toilet paper companies right now...LOL They'll be making a fortune off you if this comment is true...:D

For those who were not at ts, this is what it looked like before it got rusty. :doh:

Intake that is red will be black next week.

TS.JPG

TS2.JPG

Turbo_mount.JPG

Looks like it may be fast.....:D

But that little CompetitionDiesel.com sticker is not gonna give you the horsepower your looking for. You need atleast 5" sized font. LOL

so are you just gonna cut out holes in the hood all over the place to make all that crap fit LOL

I'm tired of these mutha-focker snakes on this mother-focker ranger!!!

Just kidding. Looks killer. Great work.

OK, well for the 3rd, and hopefully last time, the engine came out today. WHen we first had talked about doing the twins, we were thinking doing both up top, then we found out how little room there was. Unfortunately, I had tapped a -12 fitting on the drivers side of the motor, (dumb on my part), and since the LP turbo is on the passenger side, I needed to tap the pan on the passenger side, SOOOOOO out it came, as there is zero room to do it in the truck. The engine had to be moved over on the mounts just a touch because the steering was touching the drivers side manifold anyway, so I was gonna have to do that anyway. Now it is tapped with a -8 line, and ready to be finished. I also removed the intake and repainted it black, so it doesn't look like a beach ball anymore with the blue intake pipes. While I had the front end off, I was not happy with how the Radiator mount looked, so I took it out and re did it the way I should have done it the first time. Tomorrow, the front end goes back on, and I am gonna plumb up the radiator, water injection, and get the fuel lines run from the tank to the engine. I am gonna move the Painless Solenoid inside the truck, AGAIN tomorrow also. No pics tonight, Had to cut the grass, clean the boat for this weekend and do domestic chores. I'll post some more tomorrow.

With any project with significant custom fabrication, every time you look at it you'll think up a better way to have done something! I'm having a fun time with my tube chassis car, tearing into it and changing stuff after having built it 21 years ago. I'm sure if I built it over from scratch today, by next week I'd be wanting to change something...

Hopefully you can "freeze the design" long enough to take it to Indy!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I won't be making it to Indy, nor to Bucks race unfortunately. Fortunately, I get my son for 7 weeks in the summer, that starts on June 15th. Nothing is more important than him to me, so no work on the Ranger.

Back