Project DeRanged truck progress

No just no time with having my son for the summer, moving my folks to Austin from San Diego, and work. I need more play time. LOL

Had to get a trailer to move the folks from San Diego, and low and behold this 24 foot car hauler was available, brand new. Funny how that works.

Trailer_1.JPG

Trailer.JPG

***********Waits for smart ass comment from Hellman about towing the truck around. LOL **************

You have made alot of work for yourself. Now you have to winch it out of there for people to ask you when it will be under its own power.:hehe:

You were supposed to put the kid to work on the truck! My kid has done a lot of small jobs on my race car. I can't wait until I do some body work on it this winter, I'll have her doing all the sanding. Kids are also handy when running wiring or hoses, their hands can fit in places mine can't.

Well after 8 weeks, I finally got a couple hours to work on it today. Yes I have reached the part called HELL. NASA went to the moon with less wiring than a 6.0 I am certain.

Wiring.JPG

guess we need to have a mod party at your place to help you do all that damn wiring!!!! :hehe:

Get my truck wired up already!

If you were a little closer, we could give you a hand. We've done enough of it, that's for sure! Tracing down worn out FICM and Injector wires has become kind of an art on these trucks, now we have some miles on them. :bang

I could actually come give you a hand for a weekend if you need. Not sure exactly how much help i would be, but i could try. Just gotta find a weekend off to do head that way.

Well, no pics, but I did quite a bit more wiring today. The engine harness is basically in, and now I need to find a place for the other 12,578,394,743 wires on the 6.0 wiring harness to tuck away. :doh: I'm ordering hoses for the fuel system, and for the radiator, and I think I might actually fire this godforsaken project soon.

I"ll go ahead and give you a formal invitation to a Texas Diesel Shootout.
Hopefully it will make a few rounds before a Third Gen on 35's wears your azz out........

Back