Project DeRanged truck progress

cumminshutoff.jpg

:shake:

Now that is funny.

Well after going to SDX I got motivated to finish the Ranger. Got started today, did some wiring and got the harness through the firewall and hooked up to the fuse box. Was cutting the grommet, and had a dull razor knife. Changed it, and it cut through the grommet like it was a hot knife through butter. Right into my finger. This picture does not do it justice. It bled like a stuck hog for an hour then I finally decided to go to the ER. The doc told me I was in luck, cause the bone stopped the blade from taking the tip clean off. :bang Now I can truly say BLOOD sweat and tears. LOL

finger.JPG

Guess tomorrow is gonna be painful.

You know, most of us don't stop to take a photo of our finger when we cut it that bad.

nice... thats what bones are for. to hold the soft flesh together.. just make sure you do a brake job or two and use the cleaner....

just use the other hand to pick your nose. i have a feeling you can make it through this ordeal

Lol, reminds me of when I was working under my truck and was loosening something up with a socket wrench. I was crankin' the **** out of it and it broke loose all of a sudden. Hit my knuckle so hard it literally split (not cut, split) to the bone. Bled forever.

Nothing makes you feel a good sense of self accomplishment on a project like this like a good self inflicted bone deep injury lol.

Last time I injured myself working on my truck I was trying to loosen a bolt and it finally broke free and slammed my thumbnail against the corner of a bracket. Cracked the nail in half and shoved it underneath itself.

I've done more than my share of similar injuries. I absolutely love New-Skin (or is it spelled Nu-Skin?). If you hold the wound together just right when gluing it, you barely have a scar, and you can go on working on whatever you were working on. It will hurt like hell while it is drying (it's an antiseptic too), but so far I've avoided any infections on cuts while my hands were dirty as hell.

If you're taking a photo for proof, you should have at least pulled the cut a little open for visual effect ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

OK, back at it, bad finger and all.

Didn't like where the FASS was located, and found out while at SDX its better to have it closer to the tank. FASS was the first folks to sponsor anything for this truck, so I wanted it to be visible. These pics don't make it look good, but it looks sharp, and will look great when the fuel lines are run. Also did more wiring, found my upper radiator hose, and ran my electrical to the opposite side of the engine compartment to free up some wiring room.

fass.jpg

fass2.jpg

Glad SDX got some fire under that ass. looking good and let me know if there's anything you need me to do.

Back