Project DeRanged truck progress

I finished the Hydroboost install today. Had to get some custom lines made, but other than running around chasing fittings down, it works like a champ. I no longer have a brake problem, unless getting thrown through the dash is a problem. I had to remove the oil filter, and will have to find a new place for it. I will clean up all the wires and cables, but you can see I moved the FICM, and now you can see the valve cover very well.

brakes2_009.jpg

brakes2_010.jpg

brakes2_011.jpg

brakes2_013.jpg

Also installed the gauges, TS MPD and the SCT livewire. It looks killer IMHO. And yes, I know there are two missing. Apparently someone got into my garage and wanted two EGT gauges, cause they are gone. That will be remedied tomorrow.

brakes2_001.jpg

brakes2_002.jpg

brakes2_003.jpg

brakes2_005.jpg

brakes2_006.jpg

brakes2_008.jpg

9 cans of spray foam later, and the hood is covered. Now to sand it to shape and use the foam as a mold for the scoop to be glassed. Looks like a bunch of yellow crap. LOL
brakes2_014.jpg

brakes2_014.jpg

Looks good Tim...cant wait to see her in May....or April if you hit the NHRDA event in Ennis again.

it looks like a giant rice krispy treat in the pics...this fat kid got excited for a second

LMAO...that's funny right there...

Just a quick tip: The guy who told me about the saran wrap & foam said that he would throw another sheet of saran wrap on top, then hand-form it roughly into the shape he wanted (to save on foam as well as later carving time).

Looks good! What was the hydro-boost unit off of?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6teoJDxvGMU[/MEDIA][MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI1akX8Z9OI[/MEDIA]

Just get on the thing already, you're friggin' killin' me, lol!!!

Just get on the thing already, you're friggin' killin' me, lol!!!

Figured out that its only running 3rd gear. Don't know why, but I will have that figured out soon. The turbo's spool great. Sized perfectly.

Yep, still has that crappy 6.0 sound! The sound of a bunch of bolts rattling around in a can that's about to bust open and spill on the street. LOL

Nice smoke there. Did ya smoke out an innocent old lady going to buy some milk and cookies?

:)

Figured out that its only running 3rd gear. Don't know why, but I will have that figured out soon. The turbo's spool great. Sized perfectly.

We still need to get some wide open runs to make sure we don't need to change anything. Lets just say, so far so good :Cheer:

Looks good, but people are going to get motion sickness watching that video! You need a camera mount! ;)

I think you should take it to Phoenix next week and test it out!

Got a camera mount today. His name is Richard. LOL Went for a drive. Have a tranny issue, won't find anything but third and reverse. WHen it came on boost once, it came on HARD. However it wouldn't boost hard here because my Alt is part time working and it dropped to about 11 volts. It still pulled pretty hard though.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_EYQMKAk4[/MEDIA]

When it hit that first time it ran like a crackhead that just stole your wallet. Low voltage to the computer controlled trans stopped us from doing any more.

doesnt low voltage kill FICM's on those things.

I love this project, and the truck is cool as hell, but got v8 diesels sound like ass

Back