Project DeRanged truck progress

Just saw the ad in diesel world. Thats one clean running powerstroke the stacks aren't even black at all :hehe:

Hey were on the "quest for the cooler" any times above and beyond that are good.

In all actuality I thought about what I would do this week, and other than installing gauges, and patching the holes int he floors where the cage went' through, I am out of stuff to do besides cleaning it up. I guess that means I might actually have to take it to a track soon.

Hey were on the "quest for the cooler" any times above and beyond that are good.

In all actuality I thought about what I would do this week, and other than installing gauges, and patching the holes int he floors where the cage went' through, I am out of stuff to do besides cleaning it up. I guess that means I might actually have to take it to a track soon.

Quit slacking. If Greg gets to the track first, I'll be among the first to point and laugh at you. :cheer:

LMAO, i'm not too concerned about that. Its not like were actually in the same level of competition. You'll be pointing and laughing anyway, who are you kidding. LOL

Are we going to start a pool, to see who is first to the track between Dalpilot and Comp461? ;) You should have to pick the date for each vehicle making it to the track. Aren't those the two longest running diesel projects? Unless you count Racin Duallie...

Jeff doesn't count. He takes parts off of one project for another and then takes those off for another. It's like a never ending circle with him. :hehe:

Well I got started on what I thought was gonna be a nightmare, the hood, but after making the cut, its not gonna be too bad.

hood_1.jpg

hood_3.jpg

hood4.jpg

hood2.jpg

Also, got my Billet Valve covers from Joe Hellmann Today, they are freakin sweet.
Hellmann.jpg

The hood actually looks pretty good! And those damn valve covers are awesome.

Is that a surround-sound woofer between the hydraulic press and the workbench? Weird to see that in a garage/shop...

Yep agreed. That truck looks sick. If ya got time to swing through Killeen for a dyno day let me know. Id love to see what your laying down.

Took it to the meet and greet At Saccones, and had a great time. Actually got to drive it. Took a buddy for a ride, and as predicted, had a hard time lighting the turbo. The Tranny shifts smooth as hell though. We never saw over 22 pounds of boost, but I didn't exactly get on it real hard either given it was a crowded street. The one time I did, I blacked out the entire street for a good 1/8th mile.....ooops. Got nearly all the stickers off of it before the meet, and the rest will come off today. When they come back they will be all one color and look a hell of a lot better.
Saccones_ranger1.jpg

I bet people crap their pants when they see that thing going down the street. :D