Project DeRanged truck progress

He's 8, but he could care less about truck stuff......I know, I know, WTF??
Tim,
If he's anything like my daughter, interests come and go. My daughter was REALLY interested in anything mechanical as a 2-year-old (and helped me go through the engine on the lawn tractor), but went through a long period of disinterest. One thing that helped get her interested again is money! I have been teaching her about money and the value of hard work since she was born, and she is always asking what she can do around the house/shop to earn money. I pay her to do things like cleaning pistons, polishing wheels, etc. She's probably the only 7-year-old girl out there who knows how to put spiralocks in, and which direction the rod bearings go in on a race engine. Once she got started to earn money (which was to buy more Nintendo DS games), she started to get more interested in the technical aspect again.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

The Ranger Runs!!!! I just got the call. She Cranks. She starts. I think Tim was about to cry.

Found an alternator I think will work. Have a chance to work on it today and tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will have video of it driving around.

Thank You Eric from Innovative Diesel Got my SCT today, and by tomorrow night I will have custom tunes for the Ranger.

SCT.jpg

OK, back to some progress pics. Changed out the brake MC to the one recommended by several folks. Got the MAF sensor attached to the intake tube, (no pics), and wired up and plumbed the TS powerfool Nitrous kit. I had to make a bracket as I am officially out of space. LOL There are officially a crap ton of braided lines on this thing now.

Deranged_TS_Nitrous_001.jpg

Deranged_TS_Nitrous_002.jpg

Deranged_TS_Nitrous_003.jpg

Still need a few more fittings to get the Purge line hooked up. so that is the red line hanging.
Deranged_TS_Nitrous_004.jpg

New brake master cylinder.

Deranged_TS_Nitrous_005.jpg

I also decided I have spent a ton of time and money doing it right, SOOOO, the dash and the radio panels are at a stereo shop getting fiberglassed in . The Dash will have the SCT extreme monted dead center, and a Gauge on both sides. The radio was removed, as was the Climate control panel, and 3 gauges and a few switches will go in the radio section, and three gauges where the climate controls were.

Deranged_TS_Nitrous_006.jpg

The radio was removed, as was the Climate control panel, and 3 gauges and a few switches will go in the radio section, and three gauges where the climate controls were.

WTF?!? No air conditioning?!? LOL

Weird, I was just gonna ask you last night if there was anything new with it. Can't wait for TS! :rockwoot:

the glass on the dash is gonna look good Tim! Can't wait to see how that is when it comes back!
DeRanged is coming together man! getting closer to some passes!

If you took the radio out, how are we gonnna run the subs?

I figure theres plenty of room where the pass side airbag used to be for a head unit, and margarita machine.