Project DeRanged truck progress

In the town i lived in everyone knew as soon as i drove it into town that it had a Cummins in it. When it was turned off and parked at the gas station, they just looked at me funny laughed and said that has a Cummins in it doesn't it? When i would go to spectate at a car show, it was hard to get out of the truck because everyone was coming up because they knew it was something different in it but not sure what.

Tim, congrats on getting it out and being able to drive it! That's awesome! I love driving the car on the street , but it needs some rear view mirrors to me safe driving it. LOL

Looks great Tim! Just make sure you provide enough clearance between the engine mounted items and the stationary hood. You don't want to leave a mark when you hit it. :nos:

Got my new ported intake today. It flowed 55% better on a flow bench over stock. Last piece in the puzzle is here. Nice work Doug.

Intake.jpg

Intake1.jpg

Intake2.jpg

Thats an awesome looking intake, also my hat is off to you Tim for fitting that motor in a ranger, and it looking good is just icing on the cake

The bling is on. Have had no time to clean it up and polish it, also on the drivers side, I am going to make a mount to get the FICM out of the way so you can see the whole valve cover. What do they say, if you can't make it go, make it shiny. LOL

Deranged_bling_001.jpg

Deranged_bling_002.jpg

Deranged_bling_003.jpg

Deranged_bling_005.jpg

Deranged_bling_006.jpg

We need to get some test runs in. If we know it all works, then we can ceramic coat the exhaust and polish it. Looks like chrome and will fit right in with your theme.

Snowing here again today. Calling for 2-4 inches. Crazy Tx weather. It's a drive to Cedar Creek for you but.. no matter what you can always run there Lol. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, Ive seen it all there before. Tractors, foot races, air boats with wheels, mini airplanes, bicycles, Big rigs, unicycle, you name it.

LOL, Airboats with wheels huh?

Speaking of wheels. I think I need an alignment.
ALignment.jpg

I got the radio and dash pieces back for the gauges today.
bezel.jpg

There will be a gauge on either side of the SCT.
dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

bezel2.jpg

bezel.jpg

Also have the3 hood on and installed some pins for now. I found some really nice ones on Jegs. For now, just the crappy ones to keep it all down.
hinges.jpg

hood_pin.jpg

hood_pin1.jpg

Also started my scoop. Got the idea from my dad. Cover hood with seran wrap, then spray foam and shape the spray foam, then when you like it, cover it in fiberglass. Perfect mold. Unfortunately he was a little off on the amount 2 cans would cover. LOL
scoop.jpg

where'd the radio and gauge cluster panels come from? What are they made of?

Hood scoop creation should be nice. Did you put something down before the seran wrap to space the mold off of the stuff sticking out of the hood so you'll have good clearance? How much gap between scoop and parts sticking up?

Looking good!

Looking good!

I learned about the spray foam & saran wrap trick from an employee of mine, who used that in building speaker enclosures in college. I may try to make some custom gauge mounts for my truck that way.

Is the black-faced HPOP gauge different to get your attention? ;) As soon as I saw that photo I was thinking back to Sesame Street (or was it Electric Company)? One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

Looking good!

I learned about the spray foam & saran wrap trick from an employee of mine, who used that in building speaker enclosures in college. I may try to make some custom gauge mounts for my truck that way.

Is the black-faced HPOP gauge different to get your attention? ;) As soon as I saw that photo I was thinking back to Sesame Street (or was it Electric Company)? One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

No Michael, the Hpop only comes in Black. :doh:

The Gauge pods are made out of Fiberglass, and or MDF.

Did a lot more today, 13 hours worth. All the gauges are ready to go in tomorrow, and as you know, I have had a hell of a time with the Brakes being manual, and I had to change the pedal ratio. I said, "Screw manual brakes" today. I will be cleaning up the hydroboost tomorrow, and finishing the install.
Brake_lines2.jpg

Also, hated the snake pit that was the brake lines. I tried to use the stokers. Notice in the pic above, and below, I made new lines today. OK, ok, I will admit it, I am anal. LOL

Brake_lines.jpg

I finished the Hydroboost install today. Had to get some custom lines made, but other than running around chasing fittings down, it works like a champ. I no longer have a brake problem, unless getting thrown through the dash is a problem. I had to remove the oil filter, and will have to find a new place for it. I will clean up all the wires and cables, but you can see I moved the FICM, and now you can see the valve cover very well.

brakes2_009.jpg

brakes2_010.jpg

brakes2_011.jpg

brakes2_013.jpg

Also installed the gauges, TS MPD and the SCT livewire. It looks killer IMHO. And yes, I know there are two missing. Apparently someone got into my garage and wanted two EGT gauges, cause they are gone. That will be remedied tomorrow.

brakes2_001.jpg

brakes2_002.jpg

brakes2_003.jpg

brakes2_005.jpg

brakes2_006.jpg

brakes2_008.jpg

9 cans of spray foam later, and the hood is covered. Now to sand it to shape and use the foam as a mold for the scoop to be glassed. Looks like a bunch of yellow crap. LOL
brakes2_014.jpg

brakes2_014.jpg

it looks like a giant rice krispy treat in the pics...this fat kid got excited for a second