ProStreet Cummins S10 known as Nat Nodventich

:rockwoot::rockwoot::Cheer: I'd like to see the front end haning a couple feet off the ground on launch. Congrats and great work man.

I strongly suggest attending one of Dave's seminars. He worked one-on-one with Chris and I on getting the suspension setup to work together with the rear tire of choice.

Welcome to Dave Morgan Seminars

After I posted that, I thought you probably had ability to dial the suspension in to make it hook properly.

Can't wait to see what times it puts down!

Pics don't do this ride justice... it is a dang freak of nature. Brandon, you have done a fine job, and I cannot wait to watch that ho rip down the track. Good Job bud. :woohoo:

Pics don't do this ride justice... it is a dang freak of nature. Brandon, you have done a fine job, and I cannot wait to watch that ho rip down the track. Good Job bud. :woohoo:

I have been trying to get him to take that ho out. Brandon you know i am just blown away by that thing. Looking at it never gets old!

Picures don't do that Monster Justice.

I can't wait to see it run Brandon!

Why are all the gauges tilted? Is that so all needles point straight up when motor is running within correct parameters? All needles except RPM and MPH that is....

I strongly suggest attending one of Dave's seminars. He worked one-on-one with Chris and I on getting the suspension setup to work together with the rear tire of choice.

Welcome to Dave Morgan Seminars

After I posted that, I thought you probably had ability to dial the suspension in to make it hook properly.

Can't wait to see what times it puts down!

Yeah, it was an awesome seminar...but I think I'd have to go through it a couple more times before I got it all!

Cost me about $3080:hehe: :hehe:
Chris

It's better to have him as a teacher for 6 weeks.......That man has some wild stories, he roamed all over the US racing and working at drag strips in the 60's 70's and 80's.......told us about an old track down south where they raced for 60 foot times........that is all they had for a track, 60 feet then shutdown area.......best i can tell you is get his book (used to be sold at Jegs, its called Door Slammers) and you will learn ALOT.....i still have it from over 3 years ago.......

Eh, it's an alright truck I guess, just be really careful of the belt buckle working on it :D

It's a great looking ride Brnadon, can't wait to see some vids!!

Looks good Brandon! I will send Dad a link. He wants to see some pics.

I agree with UNBROKEN. You should be able to make those tires work. I dont buy the we have more a torque thing. Gassers are going up to 200MHP and deep 7s. That takes 2000+HP. More torque than most of use have.

I agree with UNBROKEN. You should be able to make those tires work. I dont buy the we have more a torque thing. Gassers are going up to 200MHP and deep 7s. That takes 2000+HP. More torque than most of use have.

they run higher rpms, running 2000hp they're probably only running 1900 ft lbs... and with a peak at a higher rpm... an 1100-1200hp diesel has over 2000 ft lbs of torque, and at a much lower rpm... aka more is available off the launch, which if i had to guess that's where most things break since you're sitting there at 0 momentum and then suddenly everything's under A LOT of stress... once you're moving that stress is less (correct me if i'm wrong on any of this, the stress part is all pure speculation)

they run higher rpms, running 2000hp they're probably only running 1900 ft lbs... and with a peak at a higher rpm... an 1100-1200hp diesel has over 2000 ft lbs of torque, and at a much lower rpm... aka more is available off the launch, which if i had to guess that's where most things break since you're sitting there at 0 momentum and then suddenly everything's under A LOT of stress... once you're moving that stress is less (correct me if i'm wrong on any of this, the stress part is all pure speculation)

A decompressed high powered diesel does run the same torque as you think. Lowered compression is done to limit peak torque and force the torque peak further up the rpm band. My truck with its built engine barely makes more torque than it did with 500rwhp. But it makes way more horsepower.

As for torque that gasser make. Even with the higher rpm. If you make 2000hp at 7000rpm you need 1500lbsft. Math does not lie. I get a kick out of diesel guys thinking that turbo gasser and turbo alky stuff do not make Torque. They do and make lots of it. I know this because before I got into diesels I was into Turbo Buicks.

A decompressed high powered diesel does run the same torque as you think. Lowered compression is done to limit peak torque and force the torque peak further up the rpm band. My truck with its built engine barely makes more torque than it did with 500rwhp. But it makes way more horsepower.

As for torque that gasser make. Even with the higher rpm. If you make 2000hp at 7000rpm you need 1500lbsft. Math does not lie. I get a kick out of diesel guys thinking that turbo gasser and turbo alky stuff do not make Torque. They do and make lots of it. I know this because before I got into diesels I was into Turbo Buicks.

but then you look at someone like chris werner and when he dyno'd 1450 wasn't his torque maxed at 2500 ft lbs? cause that's all the dyno could read? that's MUCH more than 1500 ft lbs for a 2000hp gasser, and its still at a MUCH lower rpm in a diesel even if you're only running 5k rpm