ProStreet Cummins S10 known as Nat Nodventich

Brandon :clap: Your truck kicks ass !!!! :rockwoot:

but then you look at someone like chris werner and when he dyno'd 1450 wasn't his torque maxed at 2500 ft lbs? cause that's all the dyno could read? that's MUCH more than 1500 ft lbs for a 2000hp gasser, and its still at a MUCH lower rpm in a diesel even if you're only running 5k rpm

It is all in how you set things up and where you want peak power to be. Great for Chris on the number but that does not mean you can not make big power without alot less torque. You can make 800rwhp and barely make over 1000lbsft of torque. That alone should be enough power to propel a light weight truck like Brandon's in to the single digits.

I will never convince you that other engines than diesels can make torque. You know better. But think about a blown or turboed alky engine. 14:1 and 40 psi of boost. No torque there.:evil

This is deffinetly a Class A ride.

Big congrats to Brandon on this. I cant stress how nice of a guy he has been to me on helping with some of my projects.

My buddy Sal ran the 315 et radials in his 3700 pound viper last year running 7.80s at 190ish. The twin turbo 500+ cube v10 makes some torque trust me lol. Perhaps not as at a low of an rpm as a diesel but still.

What i've always been curious to is that in 2x4 diesel apps how do you build boost on the line without spinning the tires? I have no chance in my truck, it just starts spinning. Do you run real loose converters and or a trans brake?

After I posted that, I thought you probably had ability to dial the suspension in to make it hook properly.
Can't wait to see what times it puts down!

Not a problem. I heard the same comment every time I turned around at TS, it kinda gets old. Dave lives up the road about 45 minutes and he's offered as much help as he can. It's just math, the hard kind. :hehe:

What kind of rear are you running?

Kinda missed that part- reinforced Ford 9" with Strange Engineering guts.

Eh, it's an alright truck I guess, just be really careful of the belt buckle working on it :D

It's a great looking ride Brnadon, can't wait to see some vids!!

LOL Uncle James would be proud of the care taken with the paint!

but then you look at someone like chris werner and when he dyno'd 1450 wasn't his torque maxed at 2500 ft lbs? cause that's all the dyno could read? that's MUCH more than 1500 ft lbs for a 2000hp gasser, and its still at a MUCH lower rpm in a diesel even if you're only running 5k rpm

THe HP/TQ graphs for this engine would surprise most people, as would the final drive ratio at launch. It'll be fun! :rockwoot:

Looks good, would have liked to seen it out of the trailer at TS but the weather sucked bad while we were still there. I dont see that tire working at all but best of luck to you for sure. If you leave soft and get it off the line its still liable to get loose any where down track and be damned dangerous, even with my 16.5's on, the tires slip some at both gear changes all most every pass. I highly suggest taking it easy and learning the truck well before getting into a money races that will make you tend to stay on the throttle, good luck with that killer build and be carfull. Ryan

It is all in how you set things up and where you want peak power to be. Great for Chris on the number but that does not mean you can not make big power without alot less torque. You can make 800rwhp and barely make over 1000lbsft of torque. That alone should be enough power to propel a light weight truck like Brandon's in to the single digits.

yeah i know i'm just thinking out-loud here ;)

I will never convince you that other engines than diesels can make torque. You know better. But think about a blown or turboed alky engine. 14:1 and 40 psi of boost. No torque there.:evil

I would never say that they don't make torque! but i would say that they make torque at a higher rpm than your standard high-horsepower diesel, would you tend to agree with me on that? i'm thinking that maybe that has a huge part in why these diesels are breaking parts that aren't supposed to be broken at our power-levels?
remember that this is all from someone with 0 experience with ANY of this, just trying to think it out so i can get what's going on here :Cheer:

Wow!

When I picked up your old truck from you and I saw this in the garage it looked nothing like this! I've waited a very long time to see this thing, I hoped I could at TS but we all know what happened there...

I have to make Indy now, it would be nice to see my parents too :hehe:

Hopefully I can make it up to IN on the 6th.

Nice truck man!

-Jordan

When I picked up your old truck from you and I saw this in the garage it looked nothing like this! I've waited a very long time to see this thing, I hoped I could at TS but we all know what happened there...

I have to make Indy now, it would be nice to see my parents too :hehe:

Hopefully I can make it up to IN on the 6th.

Nice truck man!

-Jordan

Thanks Jordan! Make sure you hit me up at Indy!

Really?? Didn't know that!

You gonna be ready to hit the track this week or not?

Chris

Depends if I get a converter here that quick.

Awesome rig man...it definately shows all the skill and attention to detail to make it all come together so seamlessly.

Props to the sponsors to helping out on this project!

Cheers bro!

i'm curious as to why your tach is reading so high? were you actually revving it or was it idling and something's up with the tach?

Brandon :clap: Your truck kicks ass !!!! :rockwoot:
Oops. Missed this one! Thanks Jeff!! Your parts and service are inline with the same boot/hindquarter force vector as you described.

Long time comin Brandon, but it looks awesome, hope to see it in person sometime.

what would be the gearing differences between this S10 and a gasser making the same HP in this same chassis?

They can't be the same rear end ratio would they?

what would be the gearing differences between this S10 and a gasser making the same HP in this same chassis?

They can't be the same rear end ratio would they?

i knew i was forgetting something :doh:
i see your point now

There wasn't power to the tach at when the pic was taken.

Lavon

after i wrote that i looked back and saw that all the other gauges were at 0 :bang