Pulltilbrokes 1st gen pullin thread 09

pulltilbroke

Last trailer park hero
Well I hooked for the first time this season and for my standards did awesome I went 299'5" and ended up 5th out of I think 8 trucks and I was runnin stock stock sticks!:cool:
I tryed runnin 1st high then I tryed 2nd low and smoke the stock Sachs both times then tryed 1st low and shifted to 2nd and was suprised nothing scattered. The track was super sticky and the sled was hard to get rollin but once you did you could put the power down.

I was supposed to hook again in the 8500lb class but we got rained out[yuk]

Heres my 7700lb hook, listen close at the beginning and you can hear me shift[guitar] I think I also earned a new nickname tonite also it is Mr. Shifter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ZSAYGoxtE&feature=channel_page

Good to see an old 1st gen out pulling. Id like to see more of them out there. I think they could possibly be competitive even with the VE pump in work stock if someone was willing to put some time and work into one and set it up for the class. Nice pull.

Eric

Don't worry were workin on it

Hopefully by next year I'll be more competitive

I got a pump build in the works and I got a buddy that building sick and twisted VE

Looking good. What is your ground speed on that pull. Looks like those tires are really hooking up for you.

Not sure on ground speed but if I had to guess i'd say probly 15 mph or so

Yes the STS's hooked awsome

Looks good.. was that 2nd low?? got to watch the speed on the 205T case.. a little faster than the 241/271's.. Do you have tach... Just curious to see what rpms you are holding..
Bryan

That was a sweet pull, good to see a 1st gen gittin er done. What were your EGTs?

Its real good to see some more of us out thier. maybe sometime we will run at thesame pull.

This was our light class

But yeah 3rd lo is a pretty proud gear 11.61 final crawl ratio with 3.54s

Oh yeah I'm still running a stock Sachs clutch, I just scored a clutch that will let me run a little prouder gear go hopefully in the next few weeks it'll be in there

BTW is that a 4.10 truck or what were you running for gears?

Also by next year I'll be running a VE that will fuel hard to 4200

No.. about the same setup you have but smaller tires.. NV4500 w/205 w/3.55 on 285's.. DD clutch.. We seem to have enough air.. it just doesn't smoke once you get everything going..

Well.. for what its worth.. ive gotta buddy witha mint first gen.. ona VE pump.. at over 500hp to the ground ona Single.. He now has Twins on it so id imagine its up there pretty good now.. .Its one mean runnin SOB...Its a far far far from stock VE at that...

Well.. for what its worth.. ive gotta buddy witha mint first gen.. ona VE pump.. at over 500hp to the ground ona Single.. He now has Twins on it so id imagine its up there pretty good now.. .Its one mean runnin SOB...Its a far far far from stock VE at that...

Have I seen this truck? How big of single was on there? 12 or 14mm H&R?

I believe 500hp is achievable on a 12mm H&R with the right tuning and setup

We never could get boost on the dyno... I think it made about 325-340Hp on the dyno.. but it only made 25psi on the dyno.. (with the twins) Our 14mm pump only lasted a trip down the road.. (not sure don't know who's fault it was.. )
We are jumping ship, and going to a P-pump.. But I wish we could get it on a load dyno with the VE engine in it.. It would have been fun with the big VE pump.. but when it canned.. for the cost we could have P-Pumped it.. so this time it will be...
Bryan