Pulltilbrokes 1st gen pullin thread 09

Brent Roberts with 361 and change

YouTube - Humboldt NE 09

Then Tom Georges in the Barada Mule

YouTube - Tom Georges Barada Mule

In third was my friend Matt Stratton in his VP truck

YouTube - Humboldt Ne 09

In 4th place was Larry Roberts in Brents truck and I was 5th, I just got to thinkin the same truck can't place twice in the same class. HMM does that make me 4th?

RSWORDS, I'll always be running a VE in this body style truck

Good! I think we are gonn really surprise some people with some 1st gens here in the next couple years...

Thats my plan anyway

There is a lot of guys workin on Hot VE's, I know were workin on some new tricks around here

sorry the ve left this winter not enough HP for my class. ran my ve last year and had a lot of fun with it but their is only so far you can go with them and the inline is so much easier to work with.

What kinda HP you need in your class oldblue

I heard it was wildmanben's old truck propuller

:rockwoot: no it has bine in my family from 1991 when my grandfather an i picked her up from the local dealership. we are looking for between 800-900 hp. I'm glad to see guys with ve and you have my respect realy did love my ve.

Last edited:
Yeah its wildmans old truck. I bought it from him then i sold it to Brent. Looks like it runs pretty good. I still like the old 1st gens, They make good looking pulling trucks.

Kurt

:rockwoot: no it has bine in my family from 1991 when my grandfather an i picked her up from the local dealership. we are looking for between 800-900 hp. I'm glad to see guys with ve and you have my respect realy did love my ve.

If people keep thinkin outside the box and trying new ideas I think a VE could possibly break 800hp but I guarrantee it wont be reliable

After posting this I'm sure some people will think I'm delusional

I dont think its delusional... but there come a point where its a $$$ thing.. I think we had over $1200 in our big VE when it canned.. we had to buy another pump.. and then to buy the 14mm parts again.. it just wasn't worth it.. And its a little weak at higher rpms..
I think its great you guys are working with the pump..

Yes $$$$$ are an issue but like me most hardcore 1st genners are very thrifty and when you combine that with knowledge and an understanding of the inner workings of somthing mechanical and a few machine tools some pretty wicked parts result

It wont happen if we dont try

I think there are gonna be some really nasty "street" trucks coming soon. The dynamic timing and governor control make these truck a breeze to drive at high HP levels on the street. And as far as money... How much was wasted on P-Pump development when nobody knew what really needed to be done to get them to the level they are at today? Everywhere I go with my 1st gen people say man that is a good looking truck. I love them old trucks! Then I run it and the freak! Say they didn't know these old bricks could do that... I tell them they aint seen nothing yet. Giles has made a 14mm VE with 320 cc's of fuel to 4000 rpm and is working on a 5000rpm 12mm.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know of a few nasty ones in the works

By next year I should have a real nasty 4000rpm 12mm together

And on the money deal I couldn't agree with you more RSWORDS

I'm hopin my 440cc VE will get here soon so I can try it out. I'm not spinning it past 3000 though for longevity reasons....I think most of the broken 14mm parts come from high RPM and too small of an injector. I dunno if you could get the RPM out of a VE to compete with these built 13mm p-pumps at 4K-plus rpm, but down low they fuel pretty well. With a gear vendors, divorced transfer case, and a low RPM motor, I think you'd have one mean pulling truck.

I think the GV would explode

I think you also need more supply than an A1000 also and the Transfer pump area in the VE needs some work also

I would never go away from the VE on a daily driver its an awesome pump but once you leave the street for the pulls it has its limits. We are putting on our first pull of the year tonight (Saturday) we have made some changes hope all goes well. Good luck to you first gen pullers I have never regretted using a first gen truck, there are several advantages in my opinion.

YouTube - tthaincollection's Channel

I agree.. there are advantages to the 1st gen bodies.. I just like room under the hood.. haha.. I think the A1000 is enough fuel.. but I agree.. I think it needs some internal transfer pump up grades.. The down fall of the VE is just trying to run that one piston at high rpms.. it hard to fill.. (not saying it can't be done.) We had enough supply to ours.. and it broke at 2500 rpms.. and at almost stock settings.. but at stock setting it fuel harder than our maxed out 12mm.. (And the injectors were big enough.. ;-)
As mentioned above.. I sure like the timing of the VE.. that's what makes it so nice... I think that is the reason ours still has a head gasket in it.. haha..
We are not completely giving up on the VE.. just on the truck that will pulling.. We'll be floating out here watching and learning...

Bryan