Running Compounds with No Wastegate

Double check to make sure you're getting full throttle travel on the pump itself, your transmission TV cable could be adjusted too tight and limiting throttle travel at the pump. Just have a helper floor it with the truck off and see if the linkage on the side of the pump is still getting full travel to the full throttle external stop screw on the side of the pump just rear of the shutdown solenoid. Also check to see if the shut down solenoid is getting full vertical travel in the run position. Finally, remove the AFC, plug the fitting at the cylinder head, and put a piece of tape over the open governor housing on the truck and go for a short drive and see if you get more boost and power without the AFC installed.

My TV cable looks to be shifting too early when going WOT how would I adjust that??? I checked the shutoff solenoid seemed to be fine the only issue I ran into is one of the intercooler boots has a small crack in it but not leaking. Also the gas pedal wont is not fully pressed all the way down unless i literally stand on it due to the carpet in the way

I think I am running out of fuel on top end I believe my star wheel is limiting my fueling up on the RPm Range. I will keep this thread updated any suggestion will be appreciated

For the leak test you have to pressurize the intake and then spray all boots/connections with soapy water and look for bubbles.

For the leak test you have to pressurize the intake and then spray all boots/connections with soapy water and look for bubbles.

Smoke works best imo. Maybe not for locating the leak exactly, but you'll see smoke in places you can't see bubbles.

Yeah, but I wouldn't even know where to look for a smoke machine that can make pressure, in my budget.

Yeah, the best thing to do (budget wise) is hook up a low pressure smoke machine, pump it in for a minute or two (let it fill everything), then hook up your regulated air. I like to test to ~35psi, but I suppose trying to go to your max psi would be ideal.

try harbor freight

Couldn't find anything. I've been thinking about getting one of those ones for parties, and reducing the end down to whatever I'm checking. Or putting it inline in the air compressor line, with a check valve. Not sure how well that would work either.

Yeah I couldn't either I was searching through nothing yet but I will replace the boot today and go from there sorry about the slow updates. I tried to do a boosted lunch and was laying rubber all the way up to 60mph

Well with one wheel at least I guess I will have to get the Detroit Locker or something to get both wheels to hook up

Well with one wheel at least I guess I will have to get the Detroit Locker or something to get both wheels to hook up

Just replace the clutch packs in your LSD. If you stack an extra clutch/steel in there, it basically turns it into a locker.

I'm surprised you get one wheel peels though. I've got almost 300k on my stock diff and clutch plates. I'm good about changing the fluid back there, but I don't even have a larger volume diff cover or anything.

I get a chirp but nothing else and a small streak but nothing big where can I even get extra clutch for the Diff

I get a chirp but nothing else and a small streak but nothing big where can I even get extra clutch for the Diff

You just have to buy two rebuild kits unless you can find someplace willing to separate it into components.

Also, I'd try just a standard rebuild kit if I were you. It works great the way it was designed.

On top of that. The way an open diff (or a fried LSD) works, it should still put power to both wheels if you're going in a straight line.

Start at 3:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JhruinbWc

He could also try some straight gear oil with no LSD additive to see if he cand get more bite. Just a temp fix.

Yeah no idea where I can get a rebuild kit for a DANA 70 besides online I would like to see it in person just to see if I be able to swap it out and I get 2 for the extra clutches?

Yeah no idea where I can get a rebuild kit for a DANA 70 besides online I would like to see it in person just to see if I be able to swap it out and I get 2 for the extra clutches?

It's just like any other clutch plate style LSD. Maybe you could use your best old clutch plate.

I replaced the boot and I have come to the conclusion I don't have fuel in too can anyone instruct me on how exactly to get more fueling and change my shift points

Move the TV cable toward the rear of the truck (push tab on the side of the cable) This will increase shift point timing to a degree. Can also call any builder and get them to send you some 1-2 and 2-3 timing springs for the VB.

Now for the fueling part. If you have the money, order the AFC Live Stage II. Of not, search for 12v AFC foot mod and regrind your fuel plate.

BTW I run non-gated twins and can push 100psi. Also use a JGS 60mm external wastegate welded to HTT 3-piece manifold to keep drive pressures in check.